Development of Crane Vision for Positioning Container
Satoshi Kunimitsu*, Hajime Asama**, Kuniaki Kawabata*,
and Taketoshi Mishima***
*RIKEN (The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research), 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
**The University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Komaba, Meguro, Tokyo 153-8904, Japan
***Saitama University, 255 Shimo-Ookubo, Saitama, Saitama 338-8570, Japan
Pattern recognition under the outdoor environment is very difficult in general because of the change in the brightness distribution of the object based on the change in the lighting condition. Combining distributed sensing with expanded template matching, the technique for achieving effective pattern recognition under the outdoor environment was developed. We applied it to the detection of a relative position of a spreader of a quayside gantry crane and the target container, made a prototype machine, and named Crane Vision. This paper details Crane Vision’s measurement principle, system configuration, experimental results, and demonstrates the validity of pattern recognition under the outdoor environment.
and Taketoshi Mishima, “Development of Crane Vision for Positioning Container,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.16, No.2, pp. 186-193, 2004.
-  Satoshi Kunimitsu, Hajime Asama, and Kuniaki Kawabata, “Measurement of Relative Position of Container with Image Processing for Automatic Container Cranes” T.IEE Japan, Vol-121-C, No.5, pp. 882-891, 2001-5. (in Japanese)
-  Satoshi Kunimitsu, Hajime Asama, and Kuniaki Kawabata, “Reliability Improvement to Measurement of Relative Position of Container with Image Processing for Automatic Container Cranes” The 7th Robotics Symposia, pp. 263-268, 2002-3. (in Japanese)
-  Satoshi Kunimitsu, Hajime Asama, Kuniaki Kawabata, and Taketoshi Mishima, “Measurement of Relative Position between Spreader and Target Container with Image Processing (Proposal for Composition of New Template Image)” ITC-CSCC2002, pp. 1224-1227, Phuket, Thailand, 2002-7.
-  Mikio Takagi and Haruhisa Shimoda, “Handbook Of Image Analysis” University Of Tokyo Press, 1991.
-  Satoshi Kunimitsu, Hajime Asama, Kuniaki Kawabata and Taketoshi Mishima Taketoshi Mishima, “detection of Object under Outdoor Environment with Binary Edge Image for Template” T.IEE Japan, Vol.124 No.2 pp. 480-488, 2004-2. (in Japanese)
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.