Configuration and Robustness in Visual Servo
Graziano Chesi, and Koichi Hashimoto
Department of Information Physics and Computing, The University of Tokyo Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
Effects of camera calibration errors on the point-to-point task are investigated in static-eye and hand-eye visual servoing realized with position-based and image-based control laws. For these four configurations, the effect of uncertainty on the extrinsic parameters is analyzed. The results show local stability for all configurations under small calibration errors. However, a steady state error is found in the hand-eye position-based configuration. Simulations have been done to confirm the theoretical results and evaluate the effects of the uncertainty in terms of stability region. Another contribution of the paper consists of providing a method for estimating the stability region robust against uncertainty directions for the static-eye position-based case with uncertainty on the camera centers.
-  G. Chesi and K. Hashimoto, “Static-eye against hand-eye visual servoing,” in Proc. of 41st IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, Las Vegas, pp. 2854-2859, 2002.
-  Z. Dodds, G. D. Hager, A. S. Morse, and J. P. Hespanha, “Task specification and monitoring for uncalibrated hand/eye coordination,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Detroit, pp. 1607-1613, 1999.
-  B. Espiau, “Effect of camera calibration errors on visual servoing in robotics,” in 3rd Int. Symposium on Experimental Robotics, Kyoto, 1993.
-  G. Flandin, F. Chaumette, and E. Marchand, “Eye-in-hand/eye-to-hand cooperation for visual servoing,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, San Francisco, pp. 2741-2746, 2000.
-  G. D. Hager, W.-C. Chang, and A. S. Morse, “Robot hand-eye coordination based on stereo vision,” IEEE Control Systems, 15(1):30-39, 1995.
-  K. Hashimoto, editor, “Visual Servoing: Real-Time Control of Robot Manipulators Based on Visual Sensory Feedback,” World Scientific, Singapore, 1993.
-  S. Hutchinson, G. D. Hager, and P.I . Corke, “A tutorial on visual servo control,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, 12(5):651-670, 1996.
-  H. K. Khalil, “Nonlinear Systems,” McMillan Publishing Company, New York, 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.