Dynamic Switching of a Controller Based on Diagnostic Tasks in Remote Ultrasound Diagnostics
Norihiro Koizumi, Shin’ichi Warisawa, Hiroyuki Hashizume,
and Mamoru Mitsuishi
Department of Engineering Synthesis, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, JapanDepartment of Orthopaedic Surgery Graduate school of medicine and dentistry Okayama University, 2-5-1 Shikata-cho, Okayama 700-0914, Japan
The controller we developed for master-slave remote ultrasound diagnostics for an aging society has a variable impedance control capability for master/slave manipulator positions. Diagnostic tasks are classified in remote ultrasound diagnosis, then methods and devices are proposed to change virtual viscosity based on diagnostic tasks. Remote ultrasound diagnostic experiments demonstrated that health-care professionals could perform diagnosis efficiently using the proposed system.
and Mamoru Mitsuishi, “Dynamic Switching of a Controller Based on Diagnostic Tasks in Remote Ultrasound Diagnostics,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.16, No.2, pp. 146-154, 2004.
-  M. Mitsuishi, S. Warisawa, T. Tsuda, T. Higuchi, N. Koizumi, H. Hashizume and K. Fujiwara, “Remote Ultrasound Diagnostic System,” Proc. of 2001 Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, pp.1567-1573, 2001.
-  N. Koizumi, S. Warisawa, M. Mitsuishi and H. Hashizume, “Impedance Controller for a Remote Ultrasound Diagnostic System,” Proc. of 2002 Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, Vol.1, pp.651-656, 2002.
-  N. Koizumi, S. Warisawa, M. Mitsuishi and H. Hashizume, “Impedance Controller and its Clinical Use of the Remote Ultrasound Diagnostic System,” in Proc. of 2003 IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, Vol.1, pp.676-683, 2003.
-  N. Koizumi, S. Warisawa, M. Mitsuishi and H. Hashizume, “Continuous Path Controller of Slave Manipulator in Remote Ultrasound Diagnostic System,” Proc. of 2002 Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, Vol.4, pp.3368-3373, 2002.
-  W.-H. Zhu, S. E. Salcudean, S. Bachman and P. Abolmaesumi, “Motion/Force/Image Control of A Diagnostic Ultrasound Robot,” Proc. of 2000 Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp.1580-1585, 2000.
-  P. Abolmaesumi, S. E. Salcudean, W.-H. Zhu, S. P. Di Maio and M. R. Sirouspour, “A User Interface for Robot-Assisted Diagnostic Ultrasound,” Proc. of 2001 Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, pp.1549-1554, 2001.
-  H. Koyama, N. Utsunomiya, T. Tamura and T. Yoneda, “Development of the Robot System for Tele-Ultrasound imaging diagnosis,” 2002 JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, pp.2A1-B02(1)-2A1-B02(2), 2002 (in Japanese).
-  K. Masuda and K. Ishihara, “Development of a robot for ultrasound diagnosis and its clinical applications by considering safety contact on body surface,” Proc. of the 18th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.1, pp.439-440, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Inoue, S. Tachi and H. Arai, “A Method of Impedance Control of a Master-slave Manipulation System,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.10, No.4, pp.490-500, 1992 (in Japanese).
-  R. Ikeura and H. Inooka, “Variable Impedance Control of a Robot for Cooperation with a Human,” Proc. of 1995 Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, Vol.3, pp.3097-3102, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.