Discrimination of Vascular Conditions Using a Probabilistic Neural Network
Akira Sakane*, Toshio Tsuji*, Noboru Saeki**,
and Masashi Kawamoto**
*Graduate School of Engineering, Hiroshima University, 1-4-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
**Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1-2-3 Kasumi, Minami-ku, Hiroshima 734-8551, Japan
-  D. E. Longnecker and F. L. Murphy, “Introduction to Anesthesia,” Elsevier Science Health Science div, 1997.
-  H. Takada, S. M. Mirbod, and H. Iwata, “The relative vascular age derived from acceleration plethysmogram: A new attempt,” Jpn. J. Appl. Physiol., Vol.28, No.2, pp. 115-121, 1998.
-  Y. Maniwa, T. Iokibe, M. Koyama, M. Yamamoto, and S. Ohta, “The Application of Pulse Wave Chaos in Clinical Medicine,” in Proc. 17th FUZY System Symposium, Chiba, pp. 787-790, 2001.
-  F. A. Mussa-Ivaldi, N. Hogan, and E. Bizzi, “Neural, mechanical and geometrical factors sub-serving arm posture in humans,” Journal of Neuroscience, Vol.5, No.10, pp. 2732-2743, 1985.
-  T. Tsuji, P. G. Morasso, K. Goto, and K. Ito, “Human hand impedance characteristics during maintained posture,” Biol. cybern., Vol.72, No.6 pp. 475-485, 1995.
-  T.Tsuji and M.Kaneko, “Estimation and Modeling of Human Hand Impedance during Isometric Muscle Contraction,” in Proc. ASME., DSC-Vol. 58, pp. 575-582, Atlanta, 1996.
-  A. Mascaro, and H. Asada, “Photoplethysmograph Fingernail Sensors for Measuring Finger Forces Without Haptic Obstruction,” IEEE Trans. Robot. Automat., Vol.17, No.5, pp. 698-708, 2001.
-  N. Saeki, M. Kawamoto, and O. Yuge, “Quantitative view of peripheral circulation,” Critical Care Medicine, Vol.28, No.12, A62(suppl), 2000.
-  A. Sakane, T. Tsuji, Y. Tanaka, N. Saeki, and M. Kawamoto, “Estimating Arterial Wall Impedance using a Plethysmogram,” in Proc. 29th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, pp. 580-585, USA, 2003.
-  M. Peltoranta and G. Pfurtscheller, “Neural network based classification of non-averabed event-related EEG responses,” Med and Biol. Eng. and Comput., Vol.32, pp. 189-196, 1994.
-  A. Hiraiwa, K. Shimohara, and Y. Tokunaga, “EMG pattern analysis and classification by neural network,” in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Syst., Man and Cybern., pp. 1113-1115, 1989.
-  A. Hiraiwa, U.Uchida and K.Shimohara, “EMG/EEG pattern recognition by neural networks,” in Proc. Eleventh European Meeting on Cybernetics and Systems Research, pp. 1383-1390, 1992.
-  D. Nishikawa, W. Yu, H. Yokoi, and Y. Kuhazu, “EMG Prosthetic Hand Controller Discriminating Ten Motions using Real-time Learning Method,” in Proc. 1999 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Systems, pp. 1592-1597, 1999.
-  D. D. Rumelhart, G. E. Hinton, and R. J. Williams, “Learning internal representations by error propagation,” in Parallel Distributed Processing I, pp. 318-362, MIT Press, 1986.
-  T. Tsuji, H. Ichinobe, and M. Kaneko, “A Proposal of the Feedforward Neural Network Based on the Gaussian Mixture Model and the Log-Linear Model,” Trans. Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol. J77-D-II, No.10, pp. 2093-2100, 1994 (in Japanese).
-  T. Tsuji, O. Fukuda, H. Ichinobe, and M. Kaneko, “A Log-Linearized Gassian Mixture Network and Its Application to EEG Pattern Classification,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern-Part C, Appl. and Rev., Vol.29, No.1, pp. 60-72, 1999.
-  T. Tsuji, O. Fukuda, M. Murakami, and M. Kaneko, “An EMG Controlled Pointing Device Using a Neural Network,” Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.37, No.5, pp. 425-431, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  R. A. Day and A. L. Underwood, QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS 4th Edition. Prentice-Hall, 1980.
-  N. Goldschlager and M. J. Goldman, Principles of Clinical Electrocardiography, Prentice Hall, 1989.
-  J. Archdeacon, Correlation and Regression Analysis, Univ of Wisconsin Pr., 1994.
-  C. Drott, G. Gothberg, and G. Claes, “Endoscopic transthoracic sympathectomy: An efficient and safe method for the treatment of hyperhidrosis,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Vol.33, pp. 78-81, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.