Navigation of an Omnidirectional Mobile Robot by Teaching a Few Omnidirectional Images
Akihiro Matsumoto*, Shoji Tsukuda*, and Gosuke Yoshita**
*Toyo University, 2100 Kujirai, Kawagoe, Saitama 350-8585, Japan
**Yasakawa Information Systems Corporation, 5-15 Higashiohji, Yahatanishi-ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 806-0037, Japan
-  A. Matsumoto, T. Arai, “The State-of-the-Art of Robot Languages,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan , Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 36-39, Jan. 1993. (in Japanese)
-  Y. Matsumoto, M. Inaba, H. Inoue, “Route and Map Representation Based on Omni-View Sequence,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 395-403, 2002. (in Japanese)
-  K. Kidono, J. Miura, Y. Shirai, “Autonomous Visual Navigation of a Mobile robot Using a Human-Guided Experience,” Proc. Of the 6th Symp. On Intelligent Autonomous Systems, pp. 620-627, 2000.
-  T. Lixin, S. Yuta, “Teaching and Play-back Navigation for Indoor Mobile Robots by Recording of Omni-directional Image Sequence and Robot’s Motion,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol. 21, No. 8, pp. 883-892, 2003. (in Japanese)
-  H. Asama, M. Sato, L. Bogoni, H. Kaetsu, A. Matsumoto, and I. Endo, “Development of an Omni-Directional Mobile Robot with 3 DoF Decoupling Drive Mechanism,” Proc. Of IEEE Int. Conf. On Robotics and Automation, pp. 1062-1067, 1995.
-  K. Yamazawa, Y. Yagi, M. Yachida, “Obstacle detection with omnidirectional image sensor HyperOmni Vision,” Proc. Of Int. Conf. On Robotics and Automation, pp. 1062-1067, 1995.
-  A. Matsumoto, G. Yoshita, I. Kihana, “Teaching by showing Few Images for the Navigation of Mobile Robots,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Assembly and Task Planning, pp. 270-275, Besancon, Jul. 2003.
-  T. Matsui, H. Asoh, S. Thompson, “Mobile Robot Localization Using Circular Correlations of Panoramic Images,” Proc. Of IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.