Neural Networks for Redundant Robot Manipulators Control with Obstacles Avoidance
B. Daachi*, A. Benallegue**, T. Madani**,
and M. E. Daachi***
*Laboratoire d’Informatique Industrielle et d’Automatique, 122, rue Paul Armangot, 94400 Vitry sur Seine, France
**Laboratoire de Robotique de Versailles, 10-12, avenue de l’Europe, 78140 Velizy, France
***Universite Ferhat Abbas, 9000 Setif, Algeria
In this paper, neural networks of MLP type are used to control constrained redundant robot manipulators with obstacles. The proposed controller is determined using extended Cartesian space to minimise the joint displacements and to avoid obstacles. The neural networks have been used to approximate separately, the functions of the dynamic model of the robot manipulator expressed in the Cartesian space. The adaptation laws weights of each neural network, are obtained via stability study in Lyapunov sense of the system in closed loop. The performances of the proposed control approach are tested on a 3-degree of freedom robot manipulators involving in the vertical space.
and M. E. Daachi, “Neural Networks for Redundant Robot Manipulators Control with Obstacles Avoidance,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.16, No.1, pp. 90-96, 2004.
-  S. W. Kim, K. B. Park, and J. J. Lee, “Redundancy resolution of robot manipulators using optimal kinematic control,” in Proc. of ICRA, San Diego, 1994.
-  C. A. Klein and C. H. Huang, “Review of pseudoinverse control for use with kinematically redundant manipulators,” IEEE Trans. on Systems Man and Cybernetics, pp. 245-250, 1983.
-  De Luca, L. Lanari, and G. Oriolo, “Control of redundant robots on cyclic trajectories,” in Proc. Of ICRA’1992, Nice, France, 1992.
-  Y. Nakamura and H. Hanafusa, “Optimal redundancy control of robot manipulators,” International Journal of Robotics Re-search, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 32-42, 1987.
-  T. Shamir, “Repeatability of redundant manipulators: Mathematical solution of the problem,” IEEE Tran. on Automatic Control, vol. 35, pp. 1004-1009, 1988
-  Cherif, V. Perdereau, and M. Drouin, “On-line neural network algorithm for the constrained motion planning of redundant manipulators,” in Proc. of MCCS’97, Minneapolis, USA, 1997.
-  Amar Ramdane-Cherif, “Inversion Des Modles Gomtrique et Cinmatique d’un Robot Redondant : Une Solution Neuronale Adaptative,” Ph.D. thesis, Universit Pierre et Marie Curie, 1998.
-  Benallegue, B. Daachi, and N. K. M’Sirdi, “Stable neural network adaptive control of redundant robot manipulators,” in The 10th International Conference on Advanced Robotics ICAR’2001, Budapest, Hungary, August 22-25 2001.
-  D. Y. Meddah and A. Benallegue, “A stable neuro-adaptive controller for rigid robot manipulators,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 20, pp.181-193, 1997.
-  R. M. Sanner and J. J. E. Slotine, “Gaussian networks for direct adaptive control,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, vol. 3, no.6, pp. 837-863, Nov. 1992.
-  A. Benallegue, B. Daachi and A. Ramdane-Cherif, “Stable Neural Adaptive Control of Constrained Redundant Robot Manipulators.” Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IEEE-IROS’2002), September 30 - October 4, 2002, Lausanne, Switzerland.
-  H. Seraji and R. Colbaugh, “Improved configuration control for redundant robots,” Journal of Robotics Systems, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 897-928, 1990.
-  J. Bailleul, “Kinematic programming alternatives for redundant manipulators,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. On Robotics and automation, St. Louis, 1985.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.