Study on In-Pipe Corrosion Diagnosis System -Corrosion Estimation Using Wavelet Transform and Two-dimensional Information-
Shintaro Sakamoto*, Toshio Fukuda**, Hironori Yui**,
Yasunori Abe*****, Yasuhisa Hasegawa***,
Futoshi Kobayashi****, and Fumihito Arai**
*Research and Development Center, Shinryo Corporation, 41 Wadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300-4247, Japan
**Department of Micro System Engineering, Nagoya University, 1 Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi 464-8603, Japan
***Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University, 1-1, Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
****Department of Machine and System Science, Kobe University, 1-1 Rokkodai-cho, Nada-ku, Kobe-shi, Hyogo 657-8501, Japan
*****ForU Corporation Limited, 23/F., The Toy House100 Canton Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
-  M. Ohno, “Ability of the latest facility diagnosis. Piping inspection using an ultrasonic wave, by robot,” Plant Engineer, pp.23-27, 1995.
-  Y. Kurosaki et al., “Automatic inspection system for piping corrosion,” Proceedings of The 1st Symposium on Construction Robotics in Japan, pp.379-384, 1990.
-  N. Mukai et al., “Automatic Inspection System for Piping Corrosion (Part 1. R&D Concept and System Outline,” Technical Papers of Annual Meeting of The Society of Heating, Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineering of Japan, pp.933-936, 1989).
-  S. Sakamoto et al., “Development of a Robot Manipulator for Pipe Flow Detection Using Ultrasonic Wave Echo,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (C), 69-688, pp.3316-3321, 2003.
-  S. Iwashita, S. Sakamoto et al., “Control of Parallel-Link Robot Manipulator for Pipe-Flaw Diagnosis,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (C), 69-688, pp.3309-3315, 2003.
-  T. Matsushima, “Case studies on the causes and curse of corrosion in building equipment,” BOUSHOKU GIJUTSU, Vol.39, pp.484-494, 1990.
-  Y. Yamada et al., “Pitting Corrosion of Copper Soft Tubes in Well Water,” ZAIRYOU-TO-KANKYO, Vol.48, No.10, pp.647-653, 1999.
-  Y. Shimizu, “Corrosion of piping and detection.5. Corrosion of stainless steel (SUS304) pipe,” Trans. of the Society of Heating, Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan, Vol.68, No.4, pp.301-309, 1994.
-  T. Fukuda, H. Yui, S. Sakamoto et al., “In-Pipe Corrosion Diagnosis System (Estimation of the Type and Size of the Corrosion Using Two-Dimensional Ultrasonic Flaw Detector),” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (C), 68-666, pp.391-397, 2002.
-  Y. Goto et al., “In-Pipe Flaw Diagnosis by Wavelet Transform,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (C), 64-625, pp. 3342-3347, 1998.
-  Y. Fukuda, T. Kitagawa, “Classification of Ultrasonic Flaw Signals by Means of Time-Frequency Analysis. 2nd Report. Flaw Signals Classification by Single Ultrasonic Probe,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (C), 65-630, pp.636-643. 1999.
-  J. Takatsubo, M. Imade, “Visualization of Ultrasonic Wave Propagating around Artificial Defects,” Trans. of the Visualization Society of Japan, Vol.22, No.3, pp.23-27, 2002.
-  The Japanese Society for Non-Destructive Inspection, “Handbook of Non-Destructive Inspection,” pp.231, 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.