Vehicle Model Calibration in the Frequency Domain and its Application to Large-Scale IRI Estimation
Boyu Zhao*, Tomonori Nagayama*,†, Masashi Toyoda**, Noritoshi Makihata***, Muneaki Takahashi***, and Masataka Ieiri***
*Department of Civil Engineering, the University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**Institute of Industrial Science, the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
***Infrastructure solutions Division, JIP Techno Science Corporation, Tokyo, Japan
-  B. Zhao, T. Nagayama, S. Takada, M. Takahashi, and N. Makihata, “A method of response-based road profile estimation using multiple observables,” Proc. of the 11th East Asia-Pacific Conf. on Structural Engineering and Construction (EASEC-14), 2016.
-  A. González, E. J. O’brien, Y. Y. Li, and K. Cashell, “The use of vehicle acceleration measurements to estimate road roughness,” Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.46, No.6, pp. 483-499, 2008.
-  H. M. Ngwangwa, P. S. Heyns, F. J. J. Labuschagne, and G. K. Kululanga, “Reconstruction of road defects and road roughness classification using vehicle responses with artificial neural networks simulation,” Journal of Terramechanics, Vol.47, No.2, pp. 97-111, 2010.
-  M. Yousefzadeh, S. Azadi, and A. Soltani, “Road profile estimation using neural network algorithm,” Journal of mechanical science and technology, Vol.24, No.3, pp. 743-754, 2010.
-  M. Doumiati, A. Victorino, A. Charara, and D. Lechner, “Estimation of road profile for vehicle dynamics motion: experimental validation,” American Control Conf. (ACC), pp. 5237-5242, IEEE, 2011.
-  H. Imine, Y. Delanne, and N. K. M’sirdi, “Road profile input estimation in vehicle dynamics simulation,” Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.44, No.4, pp. 285-303, 2006.
-  K. Tomiyama, A. Kawamura, and T. Ohiro, “Longitudinal true profile estimation by a mobile profilometer for expressways,” Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Ser. E1 (Pavement Engineering), Vol.70, No.3, 2015.
-  Y. Fujino, K. Kitagawa, T. Furukawa, and H. Ishii, “Development of vehicle intelligent monitoring system (VIMS),” Smart Structures and Materials, pp. 148-157, Int. Society for Optics and Photonics, 2005.
-  H. Asakawa, Y. Fujino, T. Nagayama, and M. Ohsumi, “Development and application of road monitoring system using dynamic response of vehicles,” 11th East Asia-Pacific Conf. on Structural Engineering and Construction, EASEC-11, 2008.
-  T. Nagayama, A. Miyajima, S. Kimura, Y. Shimada, and Y. Fujino, “Road condition evaluation using the vibration response of ordinary vehicles and synchronously recorded movies,” Proc. of the SPIE Smart Structures and Materials+ Nondestructive Evaluation and Health Monitoring, 86923A, Monitoring, Int. Society for Optics and Photonics, 2013.
-  B. Zhao, S. Takada, and T. Nagayama, “Development of response-based road profile estimation using multiple observables,” JSCE Annual Meeting at Okayama, 2015.
-  N. Makihata, B. Zhao, M. Toyoda, M. Takahashi, M. Ieiri, and T. Nagayama, “Large-scale road surface evaluation using dynamic responses of commercial vehicles,” ICE Virtual Library essential engineering knowledge, 2016.
-  T. Nagayama, B. Spencer Jr, K. Mechitov, and G. Agha, “Middleware services for structural health monitoring using smart sensors,” Smart Struct Syst., Vol.5, pp. 119-137, 2009.
-  http://www.bridge.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/nagayama/iDRIMSResampler.pdf [accessed May 23, 2017]
-  J. H. Holland, “Genetic algorithms,” Scientific American, Vol.267, No.1, pp. 66-72, 1992.
-  M. W. Sayers, T. D. Gillespie, and W. D. Paterson, “Guidelines for conducting and calibrating road roughness measurements,” No.Technical Paper, 46, 1986.
-  ISO-8608, “Mechanical vibration-Road surface profiles-Reporting of measured data,” 1995.
-  https://www.nichireki.co.jp/product/consult/consult_list05/consult05_01.html [accessed May 23, 2017]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.