Disaster Information System Using Natural Language Processing
Naoko Kosaka*1,†, Akira Koyama*1, Tomohiro Kokogawa*1, Yuji Maeda*1, Hiroko Koumoto*2, Shingo Suzuki*3, Kenshi Yamaguchi*4, and Kentaro Inui*4
*1NTT Secure Platform Laboratories
3-9-11, Midori-cho Musashino-shi, Tokyo 180-8585, Japan
*2Tokoha University, Shizuoka, Japan
*3National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Resilience, Ibaraki, Japan
*4Tohoku University, Miyagi, Japan
-  Cabinet Office, Government of Japan, “Report of standardization of measures for disaster recovery,” http://www.bousai.go.jp/kaigirep/kentokai/kentokaigi/pdf/report.pdf [accessed August 1, 2016, in Japanese]
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, “DiMAPS,” http://www.mlit.go.jp/saigai/dimaps/ [accessed August 1, 2016, in Japanese]
-  Institute of Scientific Approaches for fire and disaster, “Extinguishing fire and disaster prevention GIS,” http://www.isad.or.jp/cgi-bin/hp/index.cgi?ac1=IS25&ac2=&Page=hpd_view [accessed August 1, 2016, in Japanese]
-  N. Kosaka et al., “Study of Typical/Atypical Information Utilization According to Incident Response Phases on Emergency Management Support System,” IEICE Tech. Report, ICSSSL2014-15, October, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  K. Inui et al., “Computer-Assisted Databasing of Disaster Management Information Through Natural Language Processing,” J. of Disaster Research, Vol.10, No.5, pp. 830-844, 2015.
-  F. Ichinose et al., “A Fundamental Study of Efficiency of Information Processing in Emergency Operations Center,” J. of Disaster Research, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 206-214, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  F. Ichinose et al., “Evaluation of importance of treating free-style information in disaster information system and proposal for effective utilization method,” J. of Institute of Social Safety Science, No.27, pp. 179-188, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  FEMA, “General Message (ICS 213),” https://training.fema.gov/emiweb/is/icsresource/icsforms.htm [accessed August 1, 2016]
-  Homeland Security, Interoperability Continuum, “A tool for improving emergency response communication and interoperability,” http://www.dhs.gov/publication/commonly-accessed-documents-safecom [accessed August 1, 2016]
-  T. Hashimoto, T. Inui, and K. Murakami, “Constructing Extended Named Entity Annotated Corpora,” IPSJ Natural Language Processing (NL-188-17), pp. 113–120, 2008.
-  J. R. Finkel, T. Grenager, and C. Manning, “Incorporating Non-local Information into Information Extraction Systems by Gibbs Sampling, Proc. of the 43rd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2005), pp. 363-370, 2005.
-  K. Matsuda, A. Sasaki, N. Okazaki, and K. Inui, “Annotating Geographical Entities on Microblog Text,” In Proc. of the 9th Linguistic Annotation Workshop (LAW IX 2015), pp. 85-94, June 2015.
-  C. D. Manning, P. Raghavan, and H. Schuetze, “Introduction to Information Retrieval,” Cambridge University Press, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.