Numerical Simulations of Storm-Surge Inundation Along Innermost Coast of Ariake Sea Based on Past Violent Typhoons
Noriaki Hashimoto*, Masaki Yokota**,†, Masaru Yamashiro*, Yukihiro Kinashi***, Yoshihiko Ide*, and Mitsuyoshi Kodama*
744, Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
**Kyushu Sangyo University, Fukuoka, Japan
***CTI Engineering Co.,Ltd, Fukuoka, Japan
-  M. Yamashiro, T. Tanabe, G. Shimada, M. Yokota, and N. Hashimoto, “A Study on possible critical storm surge under present climate conditions in the Ariake Sea, Japan,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Coastal Engineering (ICCE 2014), Vol.34.
-  N. Hashimoto, Y. Kinashi, T. Tanabe, M. Yokota, M. Yamashiro, and M. Kodama, “Bias correction in typhoon and storm surge projection considering characteristics of global climate model MRI-AGCM3.2S,” J. of Disaster Reserch, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 448-456, Jun. 2015.
-  A. K. T. Dundu and K. Ohgushi, “A study on impact of storm surge by typhoon in Saga Lowland and surroundings using hydrodynamic numerical modelling,” Int. J. of Civil and Environmental Engineering IJCEE-IJENS, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 30-35, 2012.
-  H. Kiri, H. Tanji, and T. Nakaya, “Influence of climate change on storm surges in the Ariake Sea,” Proc. of the 7th Int. Conf. on Asian and Pacific Coasts (APAC 2013) Bali, Indonesia, September pp. 24-26, pp. 990-995, 2013.
-  C. Chen, H. Liu, and R. C. Beardsley, “An unstructured grid, finite-volume, three-dimensional, primitive equations ocean model: application to coastal ocean and estuaries,” J. of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 159-186, 2003.
-  M. Kotani, F. Imamura, and N. Shuto, “Tsunami run-up simulation and damage estimation by using GIS,” Proc. of Coastal Engineering, JSCE, Vol.45, pp. 356-360, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  H. Kawai, T. Tomita, T. Hiraishi, D. S. Kim, and Y. K. Kang, “Hindcasting of storm surge by Typhoon 0314 (Maemi),” Workshop on Waves and Storm Surges around Korean Peninsula, pp. 67-73, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.