Improvement in Flood Disaster Damage Assessment Using Highly Accurate IfSAR DEM
Badri Bhakta Shrestha†, Hisaya Sawano, Miho Ohara, and Naoko Nagumo
International Centre for Water Hazard and Risk Management (ICHARM), Public Works Research Institute (PWRI)
1-6 Minamihara, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
-  V. Meyer, D. Haase, and S. Scheuer, “GIS-based multicriteria analysis as decision support in flood risk management,” UFZ-Diskussionspapiere, No.6, 2007.
-  T. Okada, K. J. MCAneney, and K. Chen, “Estimating insured residential losses from large flood scenarios on the Tone River, Japan – a data integration approach,” Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., Vol.11, pp. 3373-3382, 2011.
-  S. N. Jonkman, P. H. A. J. M. van Gelder, and J. K. Vrijling, “An overview of quantitative risk measures for loss of life and economic damage,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, A99, pp. 1-30, 2003.
-  J. Zhang, T. Hori, H. Tatano, N. Okada, C. Zhang, and T. Matsumoto, “GIS and flood inundation model-based flood risk assessment in urbanized floodplain,” GIS and RS in Hydrology, Water Resources and Environment, Vol.1, pp. 92-99, 2003.
-  A. Pistrika, “Flood damage estimation based on flood simulation scenarios and a GIS platform,” European Water, Vol.30, pp. 3-11, 2010.
-  B. B. Shrestha, T. Okazumi, S. Tanaka, A. Sugiura, Y. Kwak, and S. Hibino, “Development of flood vulnerability indices for Lower Mekong Basin in Cambodian floodplain,” Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Ser. B1 (Hydraulic Engineering), Vol.69, No.4, pp. I_1-I_6, 2013.
-  B. B. Shrestha, T. Okazumi, M. Miyamoto, S. Nabesaka, S. Tanaka, and A. Sugiura, “Fundamental analysis for flood risk management in the selected river basins of Southeast Asia,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.9, No.5, pp. 858-869, 2014.
-  B. B. Shrestha, T. Okazumi, M. Mamoru, and H. Sawano, “Flood damage assessment in the Pampanga river basin of the Philippines,” Journal of Flood Risk Management, 2015.
-  PRFFWC, “Pampanga river basin flood event 2015,” PREEWC Post-flood report, 2015.
-  E. Rodríguez, C. S. Morris, and E. Belz, “A global assessment of the SRTM performance,” Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, Vol.72, No.3, pp. 249-260, 2006.
-  T. Sayama, G. Ozawa, T. Kawakami, S. Nabesaka, and K. Fukami, “Rainfall-Runoff-Inundation analysis of Pakistan flood 2010 at the Kabul river basin,” Hydrological Sciences Journal, Vol.57, No.2, pp. 298-312, 2012.
-  Bureau of Agricultural Statistics (BAS), “Manual on damage assessment and reporting system,” Bureau of Agricultural Statistics, Department of Agriculture, Philippines, 2013.
-  Bulacan Provincial Agricultural Office (BPAO), “Final validation report for cereals,” Bulacan Provincial Agricultural Office, Bulacan, the Philippines, 2011.
-  National Water Resources Board (NWRB) and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), “The study on integrated water resources management for poverty alleviation and economic development in the Pampanga river basin,” IWRM Report, NWRB and JICA, 2010.
-  PRFFWC, “Pampanga river basin flood: September – October 2011,” PREEWC Post-flood report, 2011.
-  Calumpit Municipality, “Disaster risk reduction and management contingency plan,” Calumpit Municipality, Bulacan Province, Philippines, 2014.
-  Office of Civil Defense (OCD), “Effects of weather disturbances in Region III, Flood damage data,” OCD Region-III, the Philippines, 2016.
-  Pampanga Provincial Agricultural Office (PPAO), “Damage Report of Typhoon Pedring,” Pampanga Provincial Agricultural Office, Pampanga, the Philippines, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.