Flood Risk Assessment in Asian Flood Prone Area with Limited Local Data – Case Study in Pampanga River Basin, Philippines –
Miho Ohara†, Naoko Nagumo, Badri Bhakta Shrestha, and Hisaya Sawano
International Centre for Water Hazard and Risk Management, Public Research Works Institute
1-6 Minamihara, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8516, Japan
-  UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction, Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, Mar. 18, 2015.
-  FEMA:Hazus-MH 2.2, https://www.fema.gov/hazus [accessed August 15, 2016]
-  CAPRA (Central American Probabilistic Risk Assessment), http://www.ecapra.org/ [accessed August 15, 2016]
-  RiskScape, https://riskscape.niwa.co.nz/ [accessed August 15, 2016]
-  MLIT, A manual for an economic evaluation of a flood control investiment, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  MLIT, A guideline for flood damage indicators, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  Australian Government, Project Document: Enhancing Greater Metro Manila’s Institutional Capacities for Effective Disaster/Climate Risk Management towards Sustainable Development (GMMA READY Project).
-  R. Badilla et al., “Flood Risk Analysis for Pasig-Marikina River Basin, Enhancing Risk Analysis Capacities for Flood, Tropical Cyclone Severe Wind, and Earthquakes for Greater Metro Manila Area (Greater Metro Manila Area Risk Assessment Project),” Draft Report, 2014.
-  T. Okazumi et al., “Uncertainty Estimation During the Process of Flood Risk Assessment in Developing Countries – Case Study in the Pampanga River Basin –,” J. of Disaster Research, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 69-77, 2014.
-  B. B. Shrestha et al., “Fundamental Analysis for Flood Risk Management in the Selected River Basins of Southeast Asia,” J. of Disaster Research, Vol.9, No.5, pp. 858-869, 2014.
-  UNISDR, terminology, https://www.unisdr.org/we/inform/terminology [accessed August 15, 2016]
-  ICHARM, http://www.icharm.pwri.go.jp/research/rri/rri_top.html [accessed August 15, 2016]
-  T. Sayama et al., “Rainfall-runoff-inundation analysis of the 2010 Pakistan flood in the Kabul River basin,” Hydrological Sciences J., Vol.57, No.2, pp. 298-312, 2012.
-  Congress of the Philippines, The Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010 (Republic Act No.10121), 2010.
-  Culumpit Municipality, Culumpit Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Contingency Plan, 2014.
-  PAGASA, Project NOAH, http://noah.dost.gov.ph/ [accessed August 15, 2016]
-  National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, Situation Report website.
-  Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR), Understanding Risk in an Evolving World – A Policy Note, 2014.
-  Philippine Statistics Authority, http://web0.psa.gov.ph/ [accessed August 15, 2016]
-  B. Shrestha, T, Okazumi, M. Miyamoto, and Hisaya Sawano, “Development of Flood Risk Assessment Method for Data-Poor River Basins: a Case Study in the Pampanga River Basin, Philippines,” Proc. of 6th Int. Conf. on Flood Management (ICFM6), 2014.
-  M. Muto, K. Morishita, and L. Syson, “Impacts of Climate Change upon Asian Coastal Areas:The case of Metro Manila,” JICA
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.