Inundation Process in the Lower Mekong River Basin
Shun Kudo*,†, Atsuhiro Yorozuya*, Hiroshi Koseki**, Yoichi Iwami**, and Makoto Nakatsugawa***
*Hydrologic Engineering Research Team, Hydraulic Engineering Research Group, Public Works Research Institute
1-6 Minamihara, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8516, Japan
**International Centre for Water Hazard and Risk Management, Public Works Research Institute, Ibaraki, Japan
***Graduate School of Engineering, Muroran Institute of Technology, Hokkaido, Japan
-  United Nations in Cambodia, “CAMBODIA – Flood Season Situation Report #8,” 2011.
-  T. Sayama, G. Ozawa, T. Kawakami, S. Nabesaka, and K. Fukami, “Rainfall–runoff–inundation analysis of the 2010 Pakistan flood in the Kabul River basin,” Hydrological Sciences Journal, pp. 298-312, 2012.
-  T. Sayama, Y. Tatebe, and S. Tanaka, “An emergency response-type rainfall-runoff-inundation simulation for 2011 Thailand floods,” Journal of Flood Risk Management, 2015.
-  S. Kudo, T. Sayama, A. Hasegawa, and Y. Iwami, “Analysis of Flood Risk Change in Future Climate in terms of Discharge and Inundation in the Solo River Basin,” The 7th Int. Conf. on Water Resources and Environment Research (ICWRER 2016), pp. p05_1-p05_6, 2016.
-  A. Sriariyawat, K. Pakoksung, T. Sayama, S. Tanaka, and S. Koontanakulvong, “Approach to Estimate the Flood Damage in Sukhothai Province Using Flood Simulation,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 406-414, 2013.
-  S. K. McFeeters, “The use of the Normalized Difference Water Index (NDWI) in the delineation of open water features,” Int. J. Remote Sensing, Vol.17, No.7, pp. 1425-1432, 1996.
-  B. C. Gao, “NDWI a Normalized Difference Water Index for Remote Sensing of Vegetation Liquid Water from Space,” Remote Sens. And Environ., Vol.58, pp. 257-266, 1996.
-  K. Chandrasekar, M. V. R. Sesha Sai, P. S. Roy, and R. S. Dwevedi, “Land Surface Water Index (LSWI) response to rainfall and NDVI using the MODIS Vegetation Index product,” Int. Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol.31, No.15, pp. 3987-4005, 2010.
-  Y. Kwak, J. Park, and K. Fukami, “Nation-wide Flood Risk Assessment Using Inundation Level Model and MODIS Time-series Images,” Proc. IEEE-IGARSS 2011, IEEE, pp. 4395-4398, 2011.
-  A. Yorozuya, Y. Motonaga, and Y. Iwami, “Need to Know how to Conduct ADCP Measurement in Rivers outside of Japan and Preliminary Results,” New phase of river discharge observation, Vol.4, pp. 48-56. 2014(in Japanese).
-  Mekong River Commission Secretariat, “Final Report on Implementation of Discharge Measurements on the Mekong Mainstream the Tonle Sap River and Bassac River in the Kingdom of Cambodia,” 2010.
-  S. Kudo, A. Yorozuya, E. D. P. Perera, H. Koseki, Y. Iwami, and M. Nakatsugawa, “Estimation of discharge in river channel and distributions of water velocity and depth over floodplain,” River Flow 2016, Taylor & Francis Group, pp. 297-305, 2016.
-  S. Kudo, A. Yorozuya, E. D. P. Perera, H. Koseki, Y. Iwami, and M. Nakatsugawa, “Influence Analysis of Observed River Channel Conditions on Inundation Process in Lower Mekong River Basin,” Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Ser. B1 (Hydraulic Engineer-ing), Vol.72, No.4, I_145-I_150, 2016.
-  A. Yorozuya, Md. Islam, M. Kamoto, and S. Egashira, “Influence of Jamuna Bridge on river morphology,” Advances in River Sediment Research, Taylor & Francis Group, pp. 299-308, 2013.
-  H. Takebayashi, T. Nakamoto, and M. Fujita, “Sediment Transport Characteristics on Bed with Cohesive and Non-cohesive Materials in Tonle Sap River,” Annu-als of Disas. Prev. Res. Inst., KyotoUniv., No.52, pp. 637-645, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  F. Engelund, “Closure to “Hydraulic resistance of alluvial streams”,” Journal of the Hydraulics Division, ASCE, Vol.93, No.HY-4, pp. 287-296, 1967.
-  W. R. Brownlie, “ Flow Depth in Sand-Bed Channels,” J. Hydraul. Eng. ASCE, Vol.109, No.7, pp. 959-990, 1983.
-  H. H. Chang, “Fluvial Processes in River Engineering,” John Wiley & Sons, pp. 83, 1988.
-  W. J. Raws, L. R. Ahuja, D. L. Brakensiek, and A. Shirmohammadi, “Infiltration and soil water movement, Handbook of Hydrology,” McGraw-Hill Inc., 5.1-5.51, 1992.
-  M. C. Zhou, H. Ishidaira, H. P. Hapuarachchi, J. Magome, A. S. Kiem, and K. Takeuchi, “Estimating potential evapotranspiration using Shuttleworth-Wallace model and NOAA-AVHRR NDVI data to feed a distributed hydrological model over the Mekong River Basin,” Journal of Hydrology, Vol.327, pp. 151-173, 2006.
-  R. K. Biswas, A. Yorozuya, and S. Egashira, “Modified Gradient Based Method for Mapping Sandbars in Mega-Sized Braided River Using MODIS Image,” Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Ser. B1 (Hydraulic Engineering), Vol.72, No.4, pp. I_931-I_936, 2016.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.