Experimental Study on the Fluid Mud Transportation Under Currents with Fluctuating Water Surface
Chunrong Liu*,†, Wenyu Yang*, Bo Wu*, and Huhe Aode**
*School of Civil Engineering and architecture, Xiamen University of Technology
Xiamen, Fujian 361024, China
**Institute of Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
-  T. Tomita, T. Arikawa, and T. Asai, “Damage in Ports due the 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake Tsunami,” J. of Disater Research, Vol.8, No.4, pp. 594-604, 2013.
-  J.F Li, X.N. Wan, Q. He, M. Ying, and L.Q. Shi, “Hutchinson S.M. In-Situ observation of fluid mud in the north passage of Yangtze Estuary,” China. China Ocean Engineering, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 149-156, 2004.
-  L.C. Sun, “Research on hydrological and siltation problems of Tianjin port,” The Ocean Engineering, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 78-86, 2003 (in Chinese).
-  X. Zhou and J. Wang, “The wave attenuation on mud bed,” The Ocean Engineering, Vol.12, No.3, pp. 54-64, 1994 (in Chinese).
-  Z.D. Zhao, “Review and prospects on the interaction between waves and mud bottom,” The Ocean Engineering, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 33-40, 1991 (in Chinese).
-  Z.D. Cao, “Characteristics of fluid mud motion under waves,” Waterway ports, No.2, pp. 8-14, 1987.
-  Q. Chen, “A study on fluid mud flow under the action of gravity and effect of flowing water and interfacial stability,” J. of Tianjin University, No.24, pp. 31-52, 1965 (in Chinese).
-  Z.D. Zhao, “The fluid mud transport under wave,” Marine Science Bulletin, pp. 65-74, 1982.
-  Z.D. Cao, “Research of fluid mud characteristics,” Waterway ports, No.1, pp. 34-40, 1992.
-  H.G. Gade, “Effect of a non-grid, impermeable bottom on plane surface waves in shallow water,” J. Mar. Res., No.16, pp. 61-82, 1958.
-  R. A. Dalrymple, “Waves over soft muds: a two-layer fluid mud,” American Meteorological society, pp. 1121-1131, 1978.
-  C.C. Mei and K.F. Liu, “A binghan-plastic model for a muddy seabed under long waves,” J. of Geophysical Reseach, Vol.92, No.13, pp. 14581-14594, 1987.
-  G.R. Dou, “Incipient motion of coarse and fine sediment,” J. Of Sediment Research, No.6, pp. 1-13, 1999.
-  T. V. Kessel and C. Kranenbug, “Gravity current of fluid mud on sloping bed,” J. of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol.122, No.12, pp. 710-717, 1996.
-  R. Hong and Y.l. Ying, “Research of fluid mud staring velocity under current,” J. of Hydraulic, Vol.8, No.8, pp. 49-55, 1988.
-  C. Tang, “Research of sediment incipient motion,” J. of Hydraulic, No.2, pp. 1-12, 1963.
-  C. Balmforth, “A consistent thin-layer theory for Bingham plastics,” J. of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, No.84, pp. 65-81, 1999.
-  M.R. Chowdhury and F.Y. Testilk, “aboratory testing of mathematical models for high-concentration fluid mud turbidity currents,” Ocean Engineering, No.38, pp. 256-270, 2011.
-  Z.D. Zhao and L. Jiang, “Study on the interaction between waves and mud bottom,” The Ocean Engineering, No.3, pp. 321-328, 1989.
-  J. M. Becker, “Pattern formation on the interface of two-layer fluid: bi-viscous lower layer,” Wave Motion, No.34, pp. 431-452, 2001.
-  C.O. Ng and S-C. Fu, “On the propagation of two-dimensional viscous density current under surface waves,” Physics of fluid, Vol.14, No.3, pp. 970-984, 2002.
-  C.O. Ng, “Mass Transport in A Layer of Power-law Fluid Forced by Periodic Surface Pressure,” Wave Motion, Vol.39, pp. 241-259, 2004.
-  P. Traykovski and W. R. Geyer, “The role of wave-induced density-driven fluid mud flows for cross-shelf transport on the Eelriver continental shelf,” Continental Shelf Research, No.20, pp. 113-2140, 2000.
-  P. Puig and A. S. Ogston, “Shelf-to-canyon sediment-transport processes on the Eel continental margin (northern California),” Marine Geology, No.193, pp. 129-149, 2003.
-  Z.D Zhao and J.J. Lian, “Interaction among waves, current, and mud: numerical and laboratory studies,” Advances in Water Resources, No.29, pp. 1731-1744, 2006.
-  A. Huhe and Z.H. Huang, “Experimental study of rheology of Hangzhou Bay mud. Int. report IMCAS STR-94021,” Institute of Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1994 (in Chinese).
-  Z.H. Huang and A. Huhe, “A laboratory study of rheological properties of mudflows in Hangzhou Bay, China,” Int. J. of Sediment Research, Vol.24, pp. 409-423, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.