Experimental Study on 3D Scour Around an Embedded Submarine Pipeline Under Oblique Waves
Dianqi Li*, Yongzhou Cheng*,**,†, Yu Yao*,**, Xunxiao Li*, and Xianhe Lu*
*School of Hydraulic Engineering, Changsha University of Science and Technology
Changsha 410114, P. R. China
**Key Laboratory of Water-Sediment Sciences and Water Disaster Prevention of Hunan Province, P. R. China
-  Y. Mao, “The interaction between a pipeline and an erodible bed: [dissertation],” Technical University of Denmark, 1986.
-  Y. M. Chiew, “Mechanics of local scour around submarine pipelines,” Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol.116, pp. 515-529, 1990.
-  F. F. Fan, B. Shi, Y. Liu, and J. Na, “Study on flow performances of the back-flow region around the submarine pipelines,” Periodical of Ocean University of China, Vol.42, pp. 173-177, 2012.
-  M. S. Alam and L. Cheng, “A parallel three-dimensional scour to predict flow and scour below the submarine pipeline,” Central European Journal of Physics, Vol.8, pp. 604-619, 2010.
-  J. F. Wen, Y. Gou, W. H. Song, J. Huang, and L. Lu, “Numerical examination of steady current-induced local scour around submarine pipeline,” The Ocean Engineering, Vol.30, pp. 75-82, 2012.
-  Z. P. Zang, B. Teng, and L. Cheng, “Experimental research on propagation velocity of 3-D scour of pipelines on sea floor under action of currents,” Journal of Dalian University of Technology, Vol.49, pp. 110-114, 2009.
-  Z. P. Zang, L. Cheng, and M. Zhao, “A numerical model for onset of scour below off shore pipelines,” Coastal Engineering, Vol.56, pp. 458-446, 2009.
-  Y. Wu and Y. M. Chiew, “Three-dimensional scour at submarine pipelines,” Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol.138, pp. 788-795, 2012.
-  Y. Wu and Y. M. Chiew, “Three-Dimensional Scour at Submarine Pipelines In Unidirectional Steady Current,” Geotechnical Special Publication, Vol.5, pp. 471-481, 2010.
-  Y. M. Chiew, “Prediction of maximum scour depth at submarine pipelines,” Journal of Hydraulic, ASCE, Vol.117, pp. 452-466, 1991.
-  R. Yasa and A. Etemad-Shahidi, “Classification and Regression Trees Approach for Predicting Current-Induced Scour Depth Under Pipelines,” Journal of Offshore Mechanics & Arctic Engineering, Vol.136, pp. 190-198, 2013.
-  F. P. Gao, X. Y. Gu, and D. S. Jeng, “Physical modeling of untrenched submarine pipeline instability,” Ocean Engineering, Vol.30, pp. 1283-1304, 2003.
-  S. I. Voropayev, F. Y. Testik, and H. J. S. Fernando, “Burial and scour around short cylinder under progressive shoaling waves,” Ocean Engineering, Vol.30, pp. 1647-1667, 2003.
-  D. Z. Pan, L. Z. Wang, and C. H. Pan, “Local scour around pipeline due to progressive wave,” The Ocean Engineering, Vol.25, pp. 27-32, 2007.
-  B. M. Sumer and J. Fredsøe, “Scour blow pipelines in waves,” Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering ASCE, Vol.116, pp. 307-323, 1990.
-  B. M. Sumer and J. Fredsøe, “Onset of scour below a pipeline exposed to waves,” International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering, Vol.I, No.3, pp. 189-194,1991.
-  C. E. Esin and Y. K. Yalc, “Scour under submarine pipelines in waves in shoaling conditions,” Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering ASCE, Vol.125, pp. 9-19, 1999.
-  J. Zhang, B. Shi, E. J. Zhao, et al., “Experimental research on scour depth of submarine pipelines under complex wave conditions,” Chinese Journal of Hydrodynamics, Vol.30, pp. 123-128, 2015.
-  Y. Z. Cheng, Q. L. Yang, X. Y. Huang, and L. Yi, “Experimental study on scour around submarine pipelines placed at different positions of a sloped seabed,” Journal of Changsha University of Science & Technology, Vol.12, pp. 55-62, 2015.
-  L. Cheng, K. Yeow, Z. P. Zang, et al., “3D scour below pipelines under wave and combined wave and currents,” Coastal Engineering, Vol.83, pp. 137-149, 2014.
-  Y. Y. Liu, L. Lu, M. Z. Zheng, et al., “Analysis of seabed stability and local scour around submarine pipelines under waves and current,” Journal of Zhe Jiang University, Vol.46, pp. 1135-1142, 2012.
-  D. Myrhaug, M. C. Ong, and C. Gjengedal, “Scour below marine pipelines in shoaling conditions for random waves,” Coastal Engineering, Vol.55, pp. 1219-1223, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.