Dynamic Response of Tall Buildings on Sedimentary Basin to Long-Period Seismic Ground Motion
Nobuo Fukuwa, Takashi Hirai†, Jun Tobita, and Kazumi Kurata
Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8601, Japan
-  Osaka General Affairs Department, “Examination results on safety of Sakishima Prefectural Building,” May, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  BRI Strong Motion Observation, http://smo.kenken.go.jp/ja/smreport/201103111446 [accessed July 15, 2016]
-  NIED Strong-motion Seismograph Networks (K-NET,KiK-net), http://www.kyoshin.bosai.go.jp/ [accessed July 15, 2016]
-  Cabinet Office, “Examination meeting for modeling great earthquakes in Nankai Trough, examination meeting for modeling earthquakes directly beneath the capital: Report on long-period seismic motions in great earthquakes in Nankai Trough,” Dec., 2015 (in Japanese), http://www.bousai.go.jp/jishin/nankai/pdf/jishinnankai20151217_01.pdf [accessed July 15, 2016]
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Housing Bureau, Building Guidance Division, “About countermeasures for super high-rise buildings against long-period seismic motions near Nankai Trough,” 2015 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Terashima, H. Takahashi, N. Fukuwa, and M. Mori, “Study of resonance between high-rise buildings on sedimentary plain and Long-period Ground Motions Part.1 Analysis of ground motion characteristics and strong motion prediction in Osaka basin,” Annual Meeting of AIJ, pp. 151-152, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Terashima, T. Hirai, and N. Fukuwa, “The effect of sedimentary basin structure on predominant period of seismic ground motion – the analysis using 3-D finite difference method – ,” J. of Structural and Construction Engineering , AIJ, Vol.80, No.708, pp. 219-229, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  T. Hirai and N. Fukuwa, “Evaluation method of dynamic characteristics of sedimentary basin using 3-D finite difference method and reciprocity theorem,” J. of Structural and Construction Engineering , AIJ, Vol.78, No.694, pp. 2083-2091, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  N. Fukuwa and J. Tobita, “Key Parameters Governing the Dynamic Response of Long-Period Structures,” J. of Seismology, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 295-306, 2008.
-  AIJ, “Damping in buildings,” Maruzen, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  R. W. Graves, “Simulating Seismic Wave Propagation in 3D Elastic Media Using Staggered-Grid Finite Differences,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.86, pp. 1091-1106, 1996.
-  A. R. Levander, “Fourth-order Finite Difference P-SV Seismograms,” Geophysics, Vol.53, pp. 1425-1436, 1988.
-  S. Aoi and H. Fujiwara, “3D Finite-Difference Method Using Discontinuous Grids,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.89, pp. 918-930, 1999.
-  R. Clayton and B. Engquist, “Absorbing Boundary Conditions for Acoustic and Elastic Wave Equations,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.67, pp. 1529-1540, 1977.
-  C. Cerjan, D. Kosloff, R. Kosloff, and M. Reshef, “A Non-Reflecting Boundary Condition for Discrete Acoustic and Elastic Wave-Equations,” Geophysics, Vol.50, pp. 705-708, 1985.
-  T. Mastushita, T. Nishizawa, J. Tobita, and N. Fukuwa, “Variation of Vibration Characteristics of a High-rise Building based on Microtremor Observation and Vibration Experiments and Earthquake Response Observation,” AIJ J. Technol. Des., Vol.20, No.46, pp. 879-884, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  J. Tobita, N. Fukuwa, T. Nishizawa, and K. Imaeda, “Long-term Structural Monitoring and Damage Detection of High-rise Buildings by use of Fiber Optic Sensors,” Proc. 15th WCEE, Lisbon, 2012.
-  T. Amano, T. Takahashi, N. Fukuwa, M. Mori, and J. Tobita, “Change of dynamic characteristics of a base-isolated high-rise building based on successive vibration observation during construction,” J. Struct. Constr. Eng., AIJ, Vol.79, No.700, pp. 721-730, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  H. Kojima, N. Fukuwa, and J. Tobita, “Effects of Soil-Structure Interaction Dependent on Number of Stories based on Microtremor and Earthquake Response Observations,” J. of Structural Engineering, Vol.48B, pp. 453-460, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  T. Hirai and N. Fukuwa, “Synthesis of Earthquake Sound Using Seismic Ground Motion Records,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, Vol.104, No.4, pp. 1777-1784, 2014.
-  T. Matsushita, K. Kurata, J. Tobita, N. Fukuwa, M. Yoshizawa, and T. Nagae, “Development of Monitoring System and Simulation of Indoor Situation during Earthquake Based on Shaking Table Experiment,” AIJ J. of Technology and Design, Vol.19, No.43, pp. 871-874, 2013 (in Japanese).
-  Japan Meteorological Agency, “Video for Long-Period Earthquake Motion” (in Japanese), http://www.data.jma.go.jp/svd/eqev/data/choshuki/choshuki_eq5.html [accessed July 15, 2016]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.