Influence of Openings and Orientation on Tsunami Generated Forces on Buildings
Chathura Manawasekara*,†, Norimi Mizutani**, and Satoru Aoki***
*Civil Engineering Research Institute, Taisei Corporation
344-1 Nase-cho, Totsuka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 245-0051, Japan
**Civil Engineering Department, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
***Power Generation Division, Hokkaido Electric Power Co., Inc., Hokkaido, Japan
-  Y. Nakano, “Design load evaluation for tsunami shelters based on damage observations after Indian Ocean tsunami disaster due to the 2004 Sumatra earthquake,” The 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Paper ID 15-0008, 2008.
-  T. Asai et al., “Tsunami load evaluation based on damage observation after the 2011 great East Japan earthquake,” Proc. of the Int. Symposium on Engineering Lessons Learned from the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake, March 2012.
-  Cabinet Office Government of Japan, “Guidline for tsunami evacuation buildings,” 2005.
-  T. Asakura, K. Iwase, T. Ikeya, M. Takao, T. Kaneto, N. Fuji, and M. Omori, “An experimental study on wave force acting on on-shore structures due to overflowing tsunamis,” Proc. of Coastal Eng., Vol.47, pp. 911-915, 2000.
-  K. Fujima, F. Achmad, Y. Shigihara, and N. Mizutani, “Estimation of tsunami force acting on rectangular structures,” J. of Disaster Research, Vol.4, No.6, pp. 404-409, 2009.
-  C. Manawasekara, S. Aoki, K. H. Lee, N. Mizutani, N. Hirakawa, and A. Ashizawa, “Effect of three-dimensionality on tsunami force acting on a structure,” J. of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Ser. B3, Vol.69, No.2, pp. I_407-I_412, 2013.
-  K. H. Lee, N. Mizutani, and Y. K. Kang, “Applicability of 3D numerical wave tank to slit-type caisson breakwater with complex geometry,” Annual J. of Civil Engineering in Ocean, JSCE, Vol.26, pp. 69-74, 2010.
-  T. Nakamura and T. Yabe, “Cubic interpolated propagation scheme for solving the hyper-dimensional Vlasov-Poission equation in phase space,” Computer Physics Communications, Vol.120, No.(2-3), pp. 122-154, 1999.
-  K. Kawasaki, “Fundamental study on wave breaking and post-breaking deformation due to submerged structure,” Doctoral Dissertation, Nagoya University, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  N. Mizutani, S. Aoki, C. Manawasekara, and T. Nakamura, “Effect of space configuration of building on tsunami force on it,” Coastal Engineering Proc., Vol.34, 2014.
-  G. Yeom, N. Mizutani, K. Shiraishi, A. Usami, S. Miyajima, and T. Tomita, “Study on behavior of drifting containers due to tsunami an-d collision forces,” Annual J. of Coastal Engineering, JSCE, Vol.54, pp. 856-860, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  S. Reese, B. A. Bradley, J. Bind, G. Smart, W. Power, and J. Sturman, “Empirical building fragilities from observed damage in the 2009 South Pacific tsunami,” Earth-Science Reviews, Vol.107, pp. 156-173, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.