Tsunami Effects on Buildings and Coastal Structures
Harry Yeh*,† and Shinji Sato**
*Oregon State University
Corvallis, Oregon, 97331, USA
**University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
-  The 2011 Tohoku Earthquake Tsunami Joint Survey Group, available online: http://www.coastal.jp/tsunami2011/
-  H. Yeh, S. Sato and Y. Tajima, “The 11 March 2011 East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami: Tsunami Effects on Coastal Infrastructure and Buildings,” Pure Appl. Geophys., Vol.170, pp. 1019-1031, 2013.
-  N. Shuto, “Building damages due to the Hokkaido Nansei-Oki Earthquake and Tsunami,” Tsunami, 1994.
-  H. Yeh, “Design tsunami forces for onshore structures,” J. Disaster Research, Vol.2. pp. 531-536, 2007.
-  H. Arnason, C. Petroff, and H. Yeh, “Tsunami bore impingement onto a vertical column,” J. Disaster Research, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 391-403, 2009.
-  K. Terzaghi, “Theoretical Soil Mechanics,” John Wiley and Sons, 1943.
-  H. Yeh, S. Tonkin, E. Heller, P. Arduino, F. Kato, and S. Sato, “Mechanisms of scour induced by tsunami runup,” Proc. of Second Int. Conf. on SCOUR and EROSION, Singapore, Vol.2, pp. 464-471, 2004.
-  S. Koshimura and S. Hayashi, “Tsunami flow measurement using the video recorded during the 2011 Tohoku tsunami attack,” Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2012 IEEE Int., pp. 6693-6696, 2012.
-  H. Nakao, S. Sato, and H. Yeh, “Laboratory study on destruction mechanisms of coastal dyke due to overflowing tsunami,” Doboku Gakkai Ronbunshu, Vol.68, No.2, pp. I_281-I_285, 2012.
-  S. Hatogai, Y. Suwa, and F. Kato, “Hydraulic model experiments on scour landward of the coastal dike induced by tsunami overflow,” Doboku Gakkai Ronbunshu, Vol.68, No.2, pp. I_406-I_410, 2012.
-  F. Kato, Y. Suwa, K. Watanabe, and S. Hatogai, “Mechanisms of coastal dike failure induced by the Great East Japan Earthquake Tsunami,” Proc. 33rd Conf. Coastal Engrg., 2012.
-  J. Kim, H. Yeh, S. Kim, and M. Choi, “Estimation of overflow-induced pressure and velocity on a mound-type sea dike,” J. Korean Geo-Env. Soc., Vol.16, No.3, pp. 5-13, 2015.
-  F. M. Henderson, “Open Channel Flow,” p. 522, Macmillan, 1966. vfil
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.