Study About the Effect of the Signposting for Evacuation in the Underground Space
U Hiroi and Jyunya Aoyama
Furo-Cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
In this study, the characteristics of evacuation activities from underground areas, under normal conditions and during an earthquake, were investigated in areas around Nagoya station, to calculate the time required to evacuate. An evacuation experiment (along with a questionnaire survey) and evacuation simulation were used, and the effects of signposting were quantitatively evaluated by accurately recording the experiment results and inputting obtained data under a simulation. As a result, basic data related to evacuation from underground areas were obtained, including walking speeds in horizontal and vertical directions, and it was shown that signposting is especially effective when there are a large number of visitors who are not familiar with the area.
-  S. Moriyama, Y. Hasemi, J. Ogawa, T. Sano, T. Jin, and T. Hebiishi, “On-site experiment on the group evacuation Behavior in large-scale underground shopping mall,” J. Environ. Eng., Vol.74, no.637, pp. 233-240, Mar., 2009 (in Japanese).
-  M. Tsuji and T. Shibata, “Development of a Fire Evacuation Simulation Model in Underground Buildings,” Summaries of technical papers of Annual Meeting Architectural Institute of Japan, Architectural planning and design rural planning, pp. 731-732, 1986 (in Japanese).
-  T. Aso, T. Sasano, and K. Asai, “Evacuation simulation in underground mall considering mutual communication of evacuators,”Proceedings of the Symposium on Underground Space, Vol.10, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 1-10, Jan. 2005 (in Japanese).
-  T. Mazda, T. Chashiki, and M. Ohno, “Advancement of evacuation action simulation in underground mall considering dispersion of evacuation starting time and effect of evacuee guides,” Proceedings of the Symposium on Underground Space, Vol.10, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 11-20, Jan. 2005 (in Japanese).
-  T. Yamada, K. Ohmori, U. Hiroi, and K. Fukui, “Research on measures for ensuring evacuation safety in underground space of terminal stations using crowd simulation,” Proceedings of the Symposium on Underground Space, Vol.10, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 137-144, Jan. 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Urban Transport Facilities Division, The Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan, “Guideline for safe evacuation measures in underground mall,” April, 2014 (in Japanese).