Disaster Reduction Measures Against Inundation in Underground Area and Development of Disaster Prevention Action Plan Using TimeLine
Ichiro Matsuo*, Takanori Kuribayashi**, and Kunishige Kamura*
*Research Institute for Disaster Mitigation and Environmental Studies
NPO CeMI (Crisis and Environment Management Policy Institute)
505 Royal Wakaba, 1-22 Wakaba, Shinjuku, Tokyo 160-0011, Japan
**Chubu Regional Development Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT), Japan
In this paper, the author reviews the current situation in Japan’s underground areas for flood disaster and based on the awareness surveys of underground managers and users, the researches on systemizing antiflood measures for underground areas and the applications of a disaster prevention action plan (TimeLine) for protecting persons from flooding are shown using an example of the underground shopping area in front of Nagoya Station as a case study.
-  Re-arranged by the author based on the data published by each underground areas.
-  Urban Transport Facilities Division, The Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan, “Guideline for safe evacuation measures in underground mall,” p. 7, April, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Kawata, R. Goto, and I. Matsuo, “The Present Condisions of Countermeasures Against Inundation Disaster in the Undergroud Space and Their Issues,” Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol.48, pp. 445-450, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  O. Hiroi, I. Nakamura, H. Nakamori, and I. Matsuo, “The Inhabitant’s Behavior and Disaster Information Dissemination in Urban Flood,” The research bulletin of the Institute of Socio-Information and Communication Studies, the University of Tokyo, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  H. Yabe, “Attitude Survey of Flood Damage In Under Ground Space,” Proceedings of River Engineering, Vol.6, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  Underground Areas at the Nagoya Station, http://www. meieki.com/station_sa.php [access available at March 17, 2016]
-  Nagoya City Statistical Yearbook 2015 (in Japanese).
-  Document of Working Group on Shonai River Antiflood Evacuation Action TimeLine, Website of Shonai River Management Office, Chubu Regional Development Bureau, MLIT
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.