Grasp of Disaster Situation and Support Need Inside Affected Area with Social Sensing – An Analysis of Twitter Data Before and After the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake Disaster Occurring –
Shosuke Sato, Kazumasa Hanaoka, Makoto Okumura, and Shunichi Koshimura
International Research Institute of Disaster Science (IRIDeS), Tohoku University
Aoba 468-1, Aramaki, Aoba, Sendai 980-0845, Japan
-  National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, “DISAANA,” 2014, http://www.nict.go.jp/press/2014/11/05-1.html [accessed October 1, 2015]
-  T. Rokuse, S. Nagashima, O. Uchida, and F. Toriumi, “A Proposal on Information Service System at the Time of Large-Scale Disaster Using Twitter,” Forum on Information Technology, Vol.4, No.12, pp. 651-652, August, 2013.
-  T. Ishikara, A. Kawasaki, and K. Meguro, “Investigation of information sharing by Twitter users during the 2011 heavy snow disaster in San-in region of western Japan,” Journal of Social Safety Science, No.17, pp. 135-143, 2012.
-  T. Sakaki, J. Marui, F. Toriumi, K. Shinoda, K. Kazama, S. Kurihara, and I. Noda, “Changes in social media use in large-scale disasters,” The Association for Natural Language Processing, No.18, pp. 1228-1231, 2012.
-  T. Sakaki, M. Okazaki, and Y. Matsuo, “Earthquake shakes Twitter users: real-time event detection by social sensors,” Proceedings of the 19th international conference on World wide web, pp. 851-860, 2010.
-  National Institute of Informatics, GeoNLP, https://geonlp.ex.nii. ac.jp/ [accessed October 1, 2015]
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism: Tsunami inundation area data in the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake disaster, http://fukkou.csis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ [accessed October 1, 2015]
-  O. Uchida, M. Kosugi, G. Endo, T. Funayama, K. Utsu, S. Tajima, M. Tomita, Y. Kajita, and Y. Yamamoto, “A Disaster Related Information Sharing System Based on the Utilization of Twitter,” Proceedings of the IEICE Engineering Sciences Society/NOLTA Society Conference, 2015.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.