Study on an Online Communication and Task Management System for Disaster Response Utilizing Natural Language Processing
Shingo Suzuki*1, Kentaro Inui*2, Kenshi Yamaguchi*2, Hiroko Koumoto*3, Naoko Kosaka*4, Akira Koyama*4, and Yuji Maeda*4
*1Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University
Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611-0011, Japan
*2Graduate School of Information Science, Tohoku University, Japan
*3Graduate School of Environment and Disaster Research, Tokoha University, Japan
*4Secure Platform Laboratories, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Japan
The development and implementation of online-based disaster management information processing systems advance communication among disaster management communities. Many such communities communicate using general-purpose natural language messaging. Online disaster informationprocessing systems should process such communication for making common operational picture and managing tasks and resources. We are thus developing online disaster information management support systems that use natural language processing. In doing so, we compare conventional paper-based and online-based systems for implementing online-based systems and develop task management support systems that use natural language processing.
-  Kyoto University/NTT Resilience Joint Research Group (H. Hayashi et al.), “Trial for the Disaster Resilience Society – Come over the Great East Japan Earthquake Disaster,” Nikkei BP Consulting, Inc., 2012 (in Japanese).
-  S. Sakuma, “The risk management solution which realizes the following step after BCP decision,” NTT Technical Review, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  F. Ichinose, Y. Maeda, K. Kosaka, M. Higashida, M. Sugiyama, H. Takeda, T. Yamamoto, and H. Hayashi, “A Fundamental Study of Efficiency of Information Processing in Emergency Operations Center,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 206-215, 2014.
-  Disaster Countermeasures Basic Act, Act No.223, 1961 (in Japanese).
-  Kesennuma City, Situation Report on Great East Japan Earthquake Disaster, online (in Japanese), http://www.city.kesennuma. lg.jp/www/contents/1300452011135/index.html [accessed June 1, 2015]
-  Tohoku Broadcasting Co. Ltd., “Video footage of Great East Japan Earthquake - 3.11 Miyagi,” Takeshobo, DVD, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  J. Kazama, S. D. Saeger, K. Kuroda, M. Murata, and K. Torisawa, “A Bayesian Method for Robust Estimation of Distributional Similarities,” Proc. of ACL 2010, 2010.