Analysis of Radio Wave Propagation in an Urban Environment and its Application to Initial Disaster Response Support
Youhei Kawamura*1, Hyongdoo Jang*2, Markus Wagner*3, Hajime Nobuhara*1, Ashraf M. Dewan*4, Bert Veenendaal*4, and Itaru Kitahara*1
*1Faculty of Engineering, Information and Systems, University of Tsukuba
1-1-1 Tenoudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
*2Department of Mining Engineering, Curtin University, Kalgoorlie, Australia
*3School of Computer Science, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
*4Department of Spatial Sciences, Curtin University, Perth, Australia
-  T. Kanayama and R. Tokumoto, “Report of the great eastern Japan earthquake,” Report of NKSJ-RM, Vol.52, pp. 1-12, 2011.
-  H. Sugita, T. Fukuta, M. Tamura, T. Yokoi, T. Hara, T. Kashima, T. Azuhata, B. Shibasaki, and Y. Yagi, “Development of iisee-net for earthquake disaster mitigation of developing countries,” Bulletin of the Int. Institute of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering, pp. 137-143, 2003.
-  T. Sato, “Reliability on docomo network-system for no intermittent service, based on influence of the sanrikuminami earthquake,” Journal of Reliability Engineering Association of Japan, Vol.26, No.3, pp. 199-205, 2004.
-  T. Sato, “Proposal of a new method of telecommunication in earthquake disaster prevention system,” Report of Railway Technical Research Institute, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 43-48, 2004.
-  T. Sakano, Z. Md. Fadlullah, T. Ngo, H. Nishiyama, M. Nakazawa, F. Adachi, N. Kato, A. Takahara, T. Kumagai, H. Kasahara, and S. Kurihara, “Disaster-Resilient Networking: A New Vision Based on Movable and Deployable Resource Units,” IEEE Network Magazine, Vol.27, No.4, pp. 40-46, 2013.
-  H. Nishiyama, M. Ito, and N. Kato, “Relay-by-Smartphone: Realizing Multi-Hop Device-to-Device Communications,” IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.52, No.4, pp. 56-65, 2014.
-  Y. Kawamura, A. M. Dewan, B.Veenendaal, T. Shibuya, M. Hayashi, I. Kitahara, H. Nobuhara, and K. Ishii, “Using GIS to develop a mobile communications network for disaster-damaged areas,” Int. Journal of Digital Earth, Vol.7, No.4, pp. 279-293, 2014.
-  M. Iskander and Z. Yun, “Propagation prediction models for wireless communication systems,” IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol.50, No.3, pp. 662-673, 2002.
-  T. Hayashi, A. Yamamoto, K. Ogawa, and G. Pedersen, “An analysis of radio propagation characteristics using ray-tracing techniques on an outdoor propagation experiment,” Denshi Jouhou Tsuushin Gakkai Gijutsu Kenkyuu Houkoku, Vol.5, pp. 7-12, 2008.
-  D. G. Rodrigueza and Y. Miyazaki, “Analysis of electromagnetic scattering in large areas using a parallel FDTD method,” Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (ICICE) Technical Report, Vol.100, No.157, pp. 29-34, 2000.
-  T. Imai, “Novel ray-tracing acceleration technique employing genetic algorithm for radio propagation prediction,” Antennas and Propagation, EuCAP 2006 First European Conf., pp. 1-6, 2006.
-  Y. Nakahata and Y. Kawamura, “Development of the landslide observation system using ZigBee,” Society of Instrument and Control Engineers Annual Conf. (SICE), pp. 1191-1194, 2010.
-  K. Ishii, Y. Kawamura, H. Nobuhara, M. Hayashi, and K. Sawase, “Optimum arrangement of mobile communication terminals using GIS for applying to support initial response to disasters,” SSI2012, (CD-ROM), 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.