Ground Motion Estimation Using Front Site Wave Form Data Based on RVM for Earthquake Early Warning
Yincheng Yang* and Masato Motosaka**
*Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University
Aramaki Aza-Aoba 468-1, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-0845, Japan
**International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University
Aramaki Aza-Aoba 468-1, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-0845, Japan
-  M. Hoshiba, O. Kamigaichi, M. Saito, S. Tsukada, and N. Hamada, “Earthquake early warning starts nationwide in Japan,” Eos (Washington. DC)., Vol.89, No.8, pp. 73-74, 2008.
-  H. Nakamura, S. Horiuchi, C. Wu, S. Yamamoto, and P. a. Rydelek, “Evaluation of the real-time earthquake information system in Japan,” Geophys. Res. Lett., Vol.36, pp. 3-6, 2009.
-  R. M. Allen, H. Brown, M. Hellweg, O. Khainovski, P. Lombard, and D. Neuhauser, “Real-time earthquake detection and hazard assessment by ElarmS across California,” Geophys. Res. Lett., Vol.36, No.5, p. n/a-n/a, 2009.
-  a. Zollo, G. Iannaccone, M. Lancieri, L. Cantore, V. Convertito, a. Emolo, G. Festa, F. Gallovivc, M. Vassallo, C. Martino, C. Satriano, and P. Gasparini, “Earthquake early warning system in southern Italy: Methodologies and performance evaluation,” Geophys. Res. Lett., Vol.36, pp. 1-6, 2009.
-  F. Honma and F. Ichikawa, “Earthquake Early Warning Disaster Mitigation System for Protecting Semiconductor Plant in Japan,” the 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 2008, pp. CD-ROM, Paper S05-03-019, Beijing, China.
-  M. Motosaka and M. Homma, “Earthquake Early Warning System Application for School Disaster Prevention,” J. Disaster Res., Vol.4, No.4, pp. 229-236, 2009.
-  M. Motosaka, K. H. S., H. M., and A. F., “Development of an integrated early warning and structural monitoring system to real time earthquake information,” AIJ J. Technol. Des., Vol.14, No.28, pp. 675-680, 2008.
-  M. Motosaka, S. Ohno, K. Mitsuji, and X. Wang, “Development of regional Earthquake Early Warning System wit Structural Health Monitoring function toward Real-time Earthquake Information Navigation,” Research Meeting on Real-time Shaking Prediction System; Accuracy enhancement and Next Extenstion, Jauary 7-8, ERI, Tokyo, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  H. Kanamori, “Real-Time Seismology and Earthquake Damage Mitigation,” Annu. Rev. Earth Planet. Sci., Vol.33, No.1, pp. 195-214, May 2005.
-  T. Nishimura and M. Horike, “The Attenuation Relationships of Peak Ground Accelerations for the Horizontal and the Vertical Components Inferred from Kyoshin Network Data,” J. Struct. Constr. Eng. (Transactions AIJ), Vol.571, pp. 63-70, 2003.
-  M. Horike and T. Nishimura, “Attenuation Relationships of Peak Ground Velocity Inferred from the Kyoshin Network Data,” J. Struct. Constr. Eng. (Transactions AIJ), Vol.575, pp. 73-79, 2004.
-  J. Douglas, “Ground motion prediction equations 1964-2010,” PEER Report No.2011/ 102, Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center, Berkeley, CA., 2011.
-  M. Motosaka, “Development of Regional Earthquake Early Warning System with Structural Health Monitoring Function and Forward Forecasting of Ground Motion for Advanced Engineering Application,” International Symposium on Structural Health Monitoring, Vibration Control, and Retrofit, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC, March 30, 2009.
-  S. H. Kuyuk and M. Motosaka, “Real-time ground motion forecasting using front-site waveform data based on Artificial Neural Network,” J. Disaster Res., Vol.4, No.4, pp. 260-266, 2009.
-  Y. Hagiwara, M. Motosata, K. Mitsuji, and A. Nobata, “Study on the forecast of ground moton parameters from real time earthquake information based on wave form data at the front site,” Inst. Soc. Saf. Sci., No.15, 2011.
-  O. Kamigaichi, “JMA earthquake early warning,” J. Japan Assoc. Earthq. Eng., Vol.4, No.3, 2004.
-  T. Odaka, K. Ashiya, S. Tsukada, S. Sato, K. Ohtake, and D. Nozaka, “A New Method of Quickly Estimating Epicentral Distance and Magnitude from a Single Seismic Record,” Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., Vol.93, No.1, pp. 526-532, 2003.
-  M. Tipping and A. Faul, “Fast marginal likelihood maximisation for sparse Bayesian models,” Proc. Ninth Int. Work. Artif. Intell. Stat., pp. 1-13, 2003.
-  T. Ikeura and K. Kato, “Evaluation of relative site amplification factors by combining average spectral ratios of strong ground motions simultaneously observed at adjacent two sites – application to K-net and KiK-net sites in the pacific coast side of the tohoku district,” J. Japan Assoc. Earthq. Eng., Vol.11, No.4, pp. 48-67, 2011.
-  J. J. Bommer, G. Georgallides, and I. J. Tromans, “Is there a near-field for small-to-moderate magnitude earthquakes?,” J. Earthq. Eng., Vol.5, pp. 395-423, 2001.
-  D. J. C. MacKay, “Bayesian Interpolation,” Neural Comput., Vol.4, No.3, pp. 415-447, May 1992.
-  J. Boatwright, “A spectral theory for circular seismic sources; simple estimates of source dimension, dynamic stress drop, and radiated seismic energy,” Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., Vol.70, No.1, 1980.
-  J. Boatwright, “Quasi-dynamic models of simple earthquakes: Application to an aftershock of the 1975 Oroville, California, earthquake,” Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., Vol.71, No.1, pp. 69-94, 1981.
-  J. Brune, “tectonic stress and the spectra of seismic shear waves from earthquakes,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.75, No.26, 1970.
-  J. Brune, “Correction to ‘Tectonic stress and the spectra, of seismic shear waves from earthquakes,’” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.76, No.20, p. 5002, 1971.
-  Y. Wu and H. Kanamori, “Development of an earthquake early warning system using real-time strong motion signals,” Sensors, pp. 1-9, 2008.
-  R. McGuire, “Seismic ground motion parameter relations,” J. Geotech. Eng. Div., Vol.104, pp. 481-490, 1978.
-  A. R. Webb and K. D. Copsey, Statistical Pattern Recognition, 3rd Editio. New York: John Wiley and Sons, 2011.
-  H. Si and S. Midorikawa, “New Attenuation Relationships for Peak Ground Acceleration and Velocity Considering Effects of Fault Type and Site Condition,” J. Struct. Constr. Eng., Vol.523, pp. 63-70, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.