Dynamic Simulation Research of Overburden Strata Failure Characteristics and Stress Dependence of Metal Mine
Kang Zhao, Zhongqun Guo, and Youzhi Zhang
School of Architectural and Surveying Engineering, Jiangxi University of Science and Technology
No.86, Hongqi Ave., Ganzhou. Jiangxi 341000, P. R. China
This study models the relationship between dynamic stress and dynamic failure characteristics in the extremely complex geological setting of a metal mine. The study also discusses the relationship between dynamic failure characteristics and dynamic stress in the case of mining disturbance of overlying rock mass is also discussed from the micro and macroscopic perspectives. Firstly, according to the relationship between different processes of overlying rock damage evolution and stress (tensile, shear, and compressive stresses), dynamic damage to overburden rock was linked with different stresses to analyze the mechanisms by which different forms of stress lead to differing damage characteristics in overburden rock. Secondly, from the different damage characteristics associated with shear, tensile, and compressive stress, the internal stress distribution in overburden rock was separated into four areas: tensile-tensile, tensile-compressive, compressive-compressive, and shear-compressive. Finally, it is found that horizontal and vertical stresses vary according to mining processes, and the reasons for this are analyzed. A stress concentration curve attachment is a vaulted curve on different goaf horizontal level under different working size. The centrostigma of vertical stress and shear stress also forms an arch curve, resulting in a compressive balance arch.
-  C. L. Wang, “Spatial and temporal distribution characteristics of microseismic events in deep mining,” Disaster Advances, Vol.6, No.9, pp. 26-31, 2013.
-  L. Andrzej and I. Zbigniew, “Space-time clustering of seismic events and hazard assessment in the Zabrze-Bielszowice coal mine,” Poland, Int. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol.46, pp. 918-928, 2009.
-  L. L. Driad, F. Lahaie, H. M. Al, J. P. Josien, P. Bigarre, and J. F. Noirel, “Seismic and geotechnical investigations following a rockburst in a complex French mining district,” Int. Journal of Coal Geology, Vol.64, pp. 66-78, 2005.
-  J. P. Zhou, Y. D. Jiang, and X. F. Xian, “Analytical method for estimating reservoir pressure distribution and fault stability in porous rock during fluid injection,” Disaster Advances, Vol.6, No.5, pp. 61-68, 2013.
-  W. J. Yu, J. S. Yang, and T. Feng, “Global stability evaluation indexes of the filled stope in mining coal mine and example,” Disaster Advances, Vol.6, No.S4, pp. 277-282, 2013.
-  C. Gokceoglu, H. Sonmeza, and A. Kayabasi, “Predicting the deformation moduli of rock masses,” Int. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol.40, pp. 701-710, 2003.
-  T. Ambrozic and G. Turk, “Prediction of subsidence due to underground mining by artificial neural networks,” Computers & Geosciences, Vol.29, No.5, pp. 627-637, 2003.
-  W. Z. Ren, C. M. Guo, Z. Q. Peng, and Y. G. Wang, “Model experimental research on deformation and subsidence characteristics of ground and wall rock due to mining under thick overlying terrane,” Int. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol.47, pp. 614-624, 2010.
-  K. S. Woo, E. Eberhardt, B. Rabus, D. Stead, and A. Vyazmensky, “Integration of field characterisation, mine production and InSAR monitoring data to constrain and calibrate 3-D numerical modelling of block caving-induced subsidence,” Int. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol.53, pp. 166-178, 2012.
-  A. Vyazmensky, D. Stead, D. Elmo, and A. Moss, “Numerical analysis of block caving- induced instability in large open pit slopes: A finite element/discrete element approach,” Rock mechanics and rock engineering, Vol.43, pp. 21-39, 2010.
-  W. C. Zhu, Y. J. Zuo, S. M. Shang, Z. H. Li, and C. A. Tang, “Numerical simulation of instable failure of deep rock tunnel triggered by dynamic disturbance,” Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering, Vol.26, pp. 915-921, 2007.
-  K. Zhao and J. A. Wang, “Numerical simulation on AE temporal and spatial characteristics of rock based on scale effect,” Metal Mine, No.6, pp. 46-51, 2011.
-  S. S. Peng, “Coal mine ground control,” John Wiley and Sons, 1978.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.