Comparative Study of the Post-Tsunami Recovery Plans After the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake
Osamu Murao* and Tomoyo Hoshi**
*International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University, 2-1-1 Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8577, Japan
**Shimizu Corporation, Tokyo, Japan
-  S. Osugi, “Local Government Planning in Japan,” Papers on the Local Governance System and its Implementation in Selected Field in Japan No.15, Council of Local Authorities for International Relations, Institute for Comparative Studies in Local Governance, and National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, 2010,
http://www.clair.or.jp/j/forum/honyaku/hikaku/pdf/BunyabetsuNo15jp.pdf [accessed June 3, 2014]
-  N. Maki, T. Ota, and H. Hayashi, “Damage Thresholds and Longterm Plans for Disaster Recovery : Experience of Japan,” Journal of Social Safety Science, No.9, pp. 29-36, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  T. Sato and Y. Kumagai, “A Comparative Study on Prefectural Disaster Prevention Plan before and after the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake Disaster,” Journal of Social Safety Science, No.7, pp. 298-303, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  O.Murao and C.W. Dudley, “Comparison of Urban Recovery Planning and Designing for Tsunami Hazard between Sanriku Coastal Areas, Japan, and Hilo, Hawaii,” Proc. of the 9th Int. Symposium on New Technologies for Urban Safety of Mega Cities in Asia (CDROM), pp. 12, 2010.
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, “Application of Disaster Relief Act,” Information on the Great East Japan Earthquake,
http://www.mhlw.go.jp/shinsai_jouhou/saigaikyuujo.html [accessed June 3, 2011]
-  Geospatial Information Authority of Japan, “1 : 25,000 Inundation Area Map Caused by the 2011 Tsunami,”
http://www.gsi.go.jp/kikaku/kikaku40014.html [accessed August 29, 2011]
-  Geospatial Information Authority of Japan, “Area of Flooding Caused by the 2011 Tsunami (estimated figure) –the 5th report –,” 2011 (in Japanese),
http://www.gsi.go.jp/common/000059939.pdf [accessed August 29, 2012]
-  T. Hoshi and O. Murao, “The Recovery Plan and Planning of the Damaged Areas due to the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake,” Proc. of the Great East Japan Earthquake Workshop Series 2012 in Iwaki, pp. 67-70, 2012 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.