Development of Building Height Data in Peru from High-Resolution SAR Imagery
Wen Liu*, Fumio Yamazaki*, Bruno Adriano**,
Erick Mas***, and Shunichi Koshimura***
*Graduate School of Engineering, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inageku, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
**Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
***International Research Institute of Disaster Science (IRIDeS), Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
-  X. Huang and L. K. Kwoh, “3D building reconstruction and visualization for single high resolution satellite image,” Proc. IEEE IGARSS 2007, pp. 5009-5012, 2007.
-  X. Hou, M. Qi, D. Li, G. Lv, and Y. Wang, “2011. The model of extracting the height of buildings by shadow in image,” Pro. ICCSNT 4, pp. 2150-2153, 2011.
-  R. Bolter and F. Leberl, “Detection and reconstruction of human scale features from high resolution interferometric SAR data,” Pro. 15th Int. Conf. Pattern Recognition, Vol.4, pp. 291-294, 2000.
-  A. Thiel, E. Cadario, K. Schulz, U. Thoennessen, and U. Soergel, “Building recognition from multi-aspect high-resolution In-SAR data in urban areas,” IEEE Trans. Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol.45, No.11, pp. 495-505, 2007.
-  G. Franceschetti, A. Iodice, and D. Riccio, “A canonical problem in electromagnetic backscattering from buildings,” IEEE Trans. Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol.40, No.8, pp. 1787-1801, 2002.
-  G. Franceschetti, R. Guida, A. Iodice, D. Riccio, and G. Ruello, “Building feature extraction via a deterministic approach: Application to real high resolution SAR images,” Proc. IEEE IGARSS 2007, pp. 2681-2684, 2007.
-  K. Liu, T. Balz, and M. Liao, “Building height determination by TerraSAR-X backscatter analysis in dense urban areas,” Proc. 2009 Asian Conference on Remote Sensing, 2009.
-  F. Xu and Y.-Q. Jin, “Deorientation theory of polarimetric scattering targets and application to terrain surface classification,” IEEE Trans. Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol.43, No.10, pp. 2351-2364, 2005.
-  D. Brunner and G. Lemoine, “Building height retrieval from VHR SAR imagery based on an iterative simulation and matching technique,” IEEE Trans. Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol.48, No.3, pp. 1487-1504, 2010.
-  F. Yamazaki and C. Zavala, “SATREPS Project on Enhancement of Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster Mitigation Technology in Peru,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 224-234, 2013.
-  E. Mas, B. Adriano, and S. Koshimura, “An integrated simulation of tsunami hazard and human evacuation in La Punta, Peru,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 285-295, 2013.
-  B. Adriano, E. Mas, S. Koshimura, Y. Fujii, S. Yauri, C. Jimenez, and H. Yanagisawa, “Tsunami Inundation Mapping in Lima, for Two Tsunami Source Scenarios,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 274-284, 2013.
-  T. Fritz andM. Eineder, “TerraSAR-X Ground Segment Basic Product Specification Document,” Issue 1.9, pp. 36-38, 2013,
Available: https://www.google.co.jp/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftandemx-science.dlr.de%2Fpdfs%2FTX-GS-DD-3302_Basic-Products-Specification-Document_V1.9.pdf&ei=zYZgVOf3GOHWmAW4n4DIAw&usg=AFQjCNFYBxmuXJUDQqnFnEZqBp-B7l5FXw&sig2=8tCqa641FRq2KP4GUQV5fw&bvm=bv.791890 06,d.dGY [accessed Nov. 10, 2014]
-  A. Lopes, R. Touzi, and E. Nezry, “Adaptive Speckle Filters and Scene Heterogeneity,” IEEE Trans. Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol.28, No.6, pp. 992-1000, 1990.
-  Y. Iwasaki and F. Yamazaki, “Detection of building collapse from the shadow lengths in optical satellite images,” Proc. 32nd Asian Conference on Remote Sensing, Taipei, Paper No.202, CD-ROM, p. 6, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.