Development of Building Inventory Data and Earthquake Damage Estimation in Lima, Peru for Future Earthquakes
Masashi Matsuoka*1, Shun Mito*2, Saburoh Midorikawa*1,
Hiroyuki Miura*3, Luis G. Quiroz*4, Yoshihisa Maruyama*4,
and Miguel Estrada*5
*1Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagatsuta 4259-G3, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8502, Japan
*2Mitsubishi Jisho Property Management Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan
*3Graduate School of Engineering, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
*4Graduate School of Engineering, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
*5Japan-Peru Center for Earthquake Engineering and Disaster Mitigation (CISMID), National University of Engineering, Lima, Peru
-  K. Hasegawa and S. Midorikawa, “Seismic Risk Mapping of Wooden House in Large Area Using the Grid-square Statistics: Part 1 Estimation of population of wooden houses with different construction age,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering, Architectural Institute of Japan, No.497, pp. 75-80, 1997 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  K. Hasegawa and S. Midorikawa, “Seismic Risk Mapping of Nonwooden Building in Large Area Using the Grid-square Statistics,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering, Architectural Institute of Japan, No.521, pp. 41-47, 1999 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  H. Miura and S. Midorikawa, “Updating GIS Building Inventory Data Using High-resolution Satellite Images for Earthquake Damage Assessment: Application to Metro Manila, Philippines,” Earthquake Spectra, Vol.22, No.1, pp. 151-168, 2006.
-  I. F. Shaker, A. Abd-Elrahman, A. K. Abdel-Gawad, and M. A. Sherief, “Building Extraction from High Resolution Space Images in High Density Residential Areas in the Great Cairo Region,” Remote Sensing, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 781-791, 2011.
-  M. Matsuoka, H. Miura, S. Midorikawa, and M. Estrada, “Extraction of Urban Information for Seismic Hazard and Risk Assessment in Lima, Peru Using Satellite Imagery,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 328-345, 2013.
-  Instituto Nacional de Estadistica e Informatica (INEI): National Census 2007: Population XI and VI Housing,
http://www.inei.gob.pe/estadisticas/censos/ [access available on Jul.1, 2014]
-  J. Takaku and T. Tadano, “PRISM On-Orbit Geometric Calibration and DSM Performance,” IEEE Transaction on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol.47, No.12, pp. 4060-4073, 2009.
-  Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): HAZUS®MH MR4 Earthquake Model Technical Manual, Washington D.C., 2009.
-  C. Zavala, M. Estrada, F Lazares, S. Alarcon, J. Taira, and J. Morales, “Quick Risk Evaluation of Earthquake Losses on Housing,” Proc. Of 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, ID: 3779, p. 9, 2012.
-  H. Miura, S. Midorikawa, K. Fujimoto, B. M. Pacheco, and H. Yamanaka, “Earthquake Damage Estimation in Metro Manila, Philippines based on Seismic Performance of Buildings Evaluated by Local Experts’ Judgments,” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol.28, pp. 764-777, 2008.
-  B. Grunthal, “European Macroseismic Scale 1998,” European Seismological Commission, 1998.
-  S. Matsuzaki, N. Pulido, H. Yamanaka, K. Chimoto, Y. Maruyama, and F. Yamazaki, “Vulnerability Estimation of Building Using Damage Survey Data Following the 2007 Pisco, Peru Earthquake,” Journal of Social Safety Science, No.21, pp. 27-36, 2013 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  L. G. Quiroz and Y. Maruyama, “Assessment of performance of Peruvian high-rise thin RC wall buildings using numerical fragility functions,” Proceedings of the 2014 World Congress on Advances in Civil, Environmental, & Material Research (ACEM14), Paper No. M4F.3.CC406 728F, 2014.
-  N. Pulido, Z. Aguilar, H. Tavera, M. Chlieh, D. Calderón, T. Sekiguchi, S. Nakai, and F. Yamazaki, “Source Models Scenarios and Strong Ground Motion for Future Mega-earthquakes: Application to Lima, Central Peru,” Bulletin of Seismological Society of America, 2014 (in press).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.