Assessment of Seismic Performance of High-Rise Thin RC Wall Buildings in Lima, Peru Using Fragility Functions
Luis G. Quiroz and Yoshihisa Maruyama
Department of Urban Environment Systems, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba 268-8522, Japan
-  EERI (2010), “The Mw 8.8 Chile Earthquake of February 27, 2010,” Special Earthquake Report – June, 2010.
-  E. D. Jovanoska, “Fragility curves for reinforced concrete structures in Skopje (Macedonia) region,” Soil Dynamic and Earthquake Engineering, Vol.19, No.6, pp. 455-466, 2000.
-  L. Quiroz, Y. Maruyama, and C. Zavala, “Cyclic behavior of thin RC Peruvian shear walls: Full-scale experimental investigation and numerical simulation,” Engineering Structures, Vol.52, pp. 153-167, 2013.
-  V. Gálvez, M. Burgos, and A. Ortiz, “Proposal of reduction factor for seismic forces in structural systems composed by walls reinforced with electro-welded wire mesh and ductile bars,” Lima, Peru, 2008 (in Spanish).
-  C. Zavala, “Test on walls and a one-floor house reinforced with electro-wire mesh UNICO/FORSA/PRODAC, Research report,” Japan-Peru Center for Earthquake Engineering Research and Disaster Mitigation. Lima, Peru, 2004 (in Spanish).
-  D. C. Kent and R. R. Park, “Flexural members with confined concrete,” Journal of the Structural Division, ASCE, Vol.97, No.7, pp. 1969-1990, 1971.
-  Y. J. Park, A. M. Reinhorn, and S. K. Kunnath, “IDARC Inelastic Damage Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Frame-Shear-Wall Structures,” Technical Report NCEER-87-0008, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1987.
-  J. Carrillo and S. M. Alcocer, “Acceptance limits for performancebased seismic design of RC walls for low-rise housing,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol.41, No.15, pp. 2273-2288, 2012.
-  A. Ghobarah, “On drift limits associated with different damage levels,” Proceedings of an International Workshop – Performance-Based Seismic Design Concepts and Implementation, Bled, Slovenia, 2004.
-  N. Pulido, “Earthquake rupture and slip scenarios for Central Andes Peru, and strong motion simulations for Lima (v1.0 February 7/2013),” 2013,
available at http://www.j-shis.bosai.go.jp/staff/nelson/smsimu_Central_Peru_v1p0/Lima_SMsimu_v1p0.htm [accessed July 1, 2014]
-  Ministry of Housing Peru, “National Technical Standard E-030 – Earthquake Resistant Design,” Lima, Peru, 2003 (in Spanish).
-  A. M. Reinhorn, H. Roh, M. Sivaselvan, S. K. Kunnath, R. E. Valles, A. Madan, C. Li, R. Lobo, and Y. J. Park, “IDARC2D Version 7.0: A Program for the Inelastic Damage Analysis of Structures,” Technical ReportMCEER-09-0006, State University of New York at Buffalo, 2009.
-  J. J. Bommer and A. B. Acevedo, “The use of real earthquake accelerograms as input to dynamic analysis,” Journal Earthquake Engineering, Vol.8, No.4, No.1-50, 2004.
-  Structural Engineers Association of California (SEAOC), “Recommended Lateral Forces Requirements and Commentary (the Blue Book),” California, 1999.
-  J. Velasquez, “Estimation of earthquake losses in Peruvian buildings by analytical fragility curves,” Master Thesis, Graduate School, Catholic University of Peru PUCP, Lima, 2006 (in Spanish).
-  A. H. Barbat, M. L. Carreño, L. G. Pujades, N. Lantada, O. D. Cardona, and M. C. Marulanda, “Seismic vulnerability and risk evaluation methods for urban areas. A review with application to a pilot area,” Structure and Infrastructure Engineering: Maintenance, Management, Life-Cycle Design and Performance, Vol.6, Nos.1-2, pp. 17-38, 2010.
-  Applied Technology Council ATC–21 (2001), “Rapid Visual Screening of Seismically Hazardous Buildings,” Applied Technology Council, Redwood City, CA.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.