Development of an Integrated Decision-Making Method for Effective Flood Early Warning System
Mamoru Miyamoto*, Rabindra Osti**, and Toshio Okazumi*
*International Centre for Water Hazard and Risk Managaement, Public Works Research Institute, 1-6 Minamihara, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8516, Japan
**Asian Development Bank, 6 ADB Avenue, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila 1550, Philippines
-  Flood Forecasting and Warning Centre, “Annual Flood Report 2010,” Bangladesh Water Development Board, 2010.
-  Bangladesh Water Development Board, “Early Warning System Study under the technical assistance grant of Asian Development Bank,” Report of TA-4562(BAN), 2006.
-  M. Faisal, M. R. Kabir, and A. Nishat, “Non-structural Flood Mitigation Measures for Dhaka City,” Urban Water, Vol.1, pp. 145-153, 1999.
-  N. Y. Choudhury, A. Paul, and B. K. Paul, “Impact of Coastal Embankment on the flash flood in Bangladesh: a Case Study,” Applied Geography, Vol.24, pp. 241-258, 2004.
-  C. B. Moffitt, F. Hossain, R. F. Adler, K. K. Yilmaz, and H. F. Pierce, “Validation of a TRMM-based Global Flood Detection System in Bangladesh,” International journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, Vol.13, pp. 165-177, 2011.
-  V. Wickramasinghe and S. Takano, “Application of Combined SWOT and Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) for Tourism Revival Strategic Marketing Planning: A Case of Sri Lanka Tourism,” Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, Vol.8, pp. 954-969, 2010.
-  H. H. Chang and W. C. Huang, “Application of a quantification SWOT analytical method,” Mathematical and Computer Modeling, Vol.43, pp. 158-169, 2006.
-  R. K. Shrestha, J. R. R. Alavalapati, and R. S. Kalmbacher, “Exploring the Potential for Silvopasture Adoption in South-central Florida: an Application of SWOT-AHP Method,” Agricultural Systems, Vol.81, pp. 185-199, 2004.
-  M. Kurttila, M. Pesonen, J. Kangas, and M. Kajanus, “Utilizing the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) in SWOT Analysis: a Hybrid Method and Its Application to a Forest-certification case,” Forest Policy and Economics, Vol.1, pp. 41-52, 2000.
-  M. S. Hossain, S. R. Chowdhury, N. G. Das, S. M. Sharifuzzaman, and A. Sultana, “Integration of GIS and Multicriteria Decision Analysis for Urban Aquaculture Development in Bangladesh,” Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol.90, pp. 119-133, 2009.
-  UNISDR, “Developing Early Warning Systems: Checklist,” Third International Conference on Early Warning, 2006.
-  T. L. Saaty, “A scaling method for priorities in hierarchical structures,” Journal of Mathematical Psychology, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 234-281, 1977.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.