Secular Changes in the Tidal Amplitude and Influence of Sea-Level Rise in the East China Sea
Akira Tai* and Kaori Tanaka**
*Institute for Advanced Study, Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
**Department of Marine System Engineering, Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
-  IPCC WG I: Climate Change 2007 “The Physical Science Basis,” 2007,
http://www.ipcc.ch/ipccreports/ar4-wg1.htm [accessed February 1, 2013]
-  J.A. Church andN. J. White, “A20th century acceleration in global sea-level rise,” Geophysical Research Letters, Vol.33, L01602, doi:10.1029/2005GL024826, 2006.
-  A. Cazenave and R. S. Nerem, “Present-day sea level change: Observations and causes,” Reviews of Geophysics, Vol.42, RG3001, doi:10.1029/2003RG000139, 2004.
-  IPCC WG II: Climate Change 2007 “Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability,” 2007,
http://www.ipcc.ch/ipccreports/ar4-wg2.htm [accessed February 1, 2013]
-  S. Iwasaki, W. Sasaki, and T. Matsuura, “Past Evaluation and Future Projection of Sea level Rise Related to Climate Change Around Japan,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 119-130, 2008.
-  J. E. Hansen, “Scientific reticence and sea level rise,” Environ. Res. Lett., Vol.2, 2007.
-  A. Tai, T. Saita, S. Yano, S. Ogitsuka, and T. Komatsu, “Longterm Global Changes of Oceanic Tidal Amplitudes,” J. JSCE, Ser. B2 (Coastal Engineering), Vol.67, No.2, pp. I 331-I 335, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  P. L. Woodworth, “A survey of recent changes in the main components of the ocean tide,” Continental Shelf Research, Vol.30, pp. 1680-1691, 2010.
-  M. D. Pickering, N. C. Wells, K. J. Horsburgh, and J. A. M. Green, “The impact of future sea-level rise on the European Shelf tides,” Continental Shelf Research, Vol.35, pp. 1-15, 2012.
-  T. Yonetani, “Detection of Long Term Trend, Cyclic Variation and Step-like Change by the Lepage Test,” Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan, Ser. II, Vol.71, No.3, pp. 415-418, 1993.
-  The Princeton Ocean Model,
http://www.aos.princeton.edu/WWWPUBLIC/htdocs.pom/ [accessed December 10, 2012]
-  Satellite Geodesy,
http://topex.ucsd.edu/index.html [accessed December 15, 2012]
-  Ogura, “The tides in the seas adjacent to Japan,” Bull. Hydr. Dep. Japan, Vol.7, 189pp. with 65 plates, 1933.
-  A. Tai and S. Yano, “Numerical Analysis of Characteristics of Tide and Tidal Current in the Yatsushiro Sea,” Annual Journal of Civil Engineering in the Ocean, JSCE, Vol.23, pp. 603-608, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Uchiyama, “Modeling wetting and drying scheme based on an extended logarithmic law for a three-dimensional sigma-coordinate coastal ocean model,” Rep. Port and Airport Res. Inst., Yokosuka, Japan, Vol.43, No.4, pp. 3-21, 2004.
-  S. Minobe, “Updated assessments of the 1998/99 climate change over the north Pacific,” In Neo-Science of Natural History: Integration of Geoscience and Biodiversity Studies, Proc. Int. Symp. Mawatari S. F. & Okada H. (Eds.), pp. 103-106, 2002.
-  R. D. Ray and G. T. Mitchum, “Surface manifestation of internal tides in the deep ocean: observations from altimetry and island gauges,” Progress in Oceanography, Vol.40, Issues 1-4, pp. 135-162, 1997.
-  J. A. Colosi and W. Munk, “Tales of the Venerable Honolulu Tide Gauge,” J. Phys. Oceanogr., Vol.36, pp. 967-996, 2006.
-  A. Tai and S. Yano, “Variation ofM2 Tidal Amplification in the Ariake Sea based on Outer Sea Tide, and Influence of the Isahaya Sea-Dyke,” Oceanography in Japan, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 205-211, 2008 (in Japanese with English abstract and captions).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.