Typhoon Economic Loss Prediction in China by Applying General Regression Neural Network and Hierarchical Cluster Analysis
Bo Cheng*, Ling Cheng**, and Lingmin Jiang*
*School of Informatics, Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, Guangzhou 510420, China
**School of Electrical and Information Engineering, University of the Witwatersrand, Private Bag 3, Wits. 2050, Johannesburg, South Africa
-  K. Takara and H. Hayashi, “Extreme weather and water-related disasters: A key issue for the sustainability and survivability of our society,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8, Vo.1, pp. 3-6, 2013.
-  S. Shimokawa and T. Kayahara, “Difference in typhoon damage report data,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 473-483, 2013.
-  D. Liu, L. Pang, and B. Xie, “Typhoon disaster in china: prediction, prevention, and mitigation,” Nat Hazards, Vol.49, pp. 421-436, 2009.
-  K. Emanuel, “Increasing destructiveness of tropical cyclones over the past 30 years,” Nature, Vol.436, No.7051, pp. 686-688, 2005.
-  Q. Zhang, Q. Wei, and L. Chen, “Impact of landfalling tropical cyclones in mainland china,” Sci China Earth Sci, Vol.53, pp. 1559-1564, 2010.
-  W. McCulloch and W. Pitts, “A logical calculus of the ideas immanent in nervous activity,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biophysics, Vol.5, pp. 115-133, 1943.
-  R. Rojas, “Neutral Networks: A Systematic Introduction,” Springer, 1996.
-  M. T. Hagan, H. B. Demuth, and M. H. Beale, “Neural Network Design,” China Machine Press, 2002.
-  P.Werbos, “Beyond regression: new tools for prediction and analysis in the behavioral sciences,” Ph.D. dissertation, Harvard University, 1974.
-  D. F. Specht, “A general regression neural network,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, Vol.2, No.6, pp. 568-576, 1991.
-  A. Rencher, “Methods of multivariate analysis,” Wiley, 2002.
-  W. Härdle and L. Simar, “Applied multivariate statistical analysis,” Springer, Berlin, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.