Consumer Awareness and Attitude on Radiocesium Food Contamination Following Fukushima Incident
Hiromi Hosono, Yuko Kumagai, and Tsutomu Sekizaki
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1-1-1 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8657, Japan
-  S. Kurihara, A. Maruyama, and A. E. Luloff, “Analysis of Consumer Behavior in the TokyoMetropolitan Area after the Great East Japan Earthquake,” Journal of Food System Research, Vol.18. No.4, pp. 415-426, 2012.
-  K. Ujiie, “Consumer’s Evaluation on Radioactive Contamination of Agricultural Products in Japan – Decomposition ofWTA into a Part Due to Radioactive Contamination anda Part Due to Area of Origin –,” Journal of Food System Research, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 142-155, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  H. Hosono, Y. Kumagai, and T. Sekizaki, “How do Japanese Consumers Perceive Radiation Risks in Foods?: A Result ofWeb-based Questionnaire Regarding Beef,” Japanese Journal of Risk Analysis, Vol.22, No.4 (in press, in Japanese).
-  The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan, “Information on the Great East Japan Earthquake,”
http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/topics/2011eq/index.html [accessed April 6, 2013]
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Central Wholesale Market, “Iinformation on the transaction,”
http://www.shijou.metro.tokyo.jp/torihiki/index.html (in Japanese) [accessed April 6, 2013]
-  The Food Safety Commission, “Consumer survey on fod safety concerns,” in August, 2012,
http://www.fsc.go.jp/monitor/index.html (in Japanese) [accessed April 6, 2013]
-  Y. Kito, “Analysis of public’s perception for health effect of radioactive substances byWeb survey,” Agriculture and economics, Vol.78, No.1, pp. 18-29, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  K. Kuriyama, “Consumer behavior of buying foods will be contaminated radioactive substances from Analysis the option experiment,” Agriculture and economics, Vol.78, No.1, pp. 30-38, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Web site of Research Center for Food Safety, the University of Tokyo,
http://www.frc.a.u-tokyo.ac.jp/event/radioactive/radioactive.html [accessed April 6, 2013]
-  A. Irwin and B. Wynne, “Misunderstanding science,” Cambridge University Press, 1996.
-  J. Ziman, “Public understanding of science,” Science, Technology and Human Values, Vol.16, pp. 99-105. 1991.
-  A. M. Dijkstra and J. M. Gutteling, “Communicative aspects of the public-science relationship explored: Results of focus group discussion about biotechnology and genomics,” Science Communication, Vol.34, No.3, pp. 363-391, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.