Characteristics of Damages of Severe Local Storms Based on Field Surveys in Bangladesh
Yusuke Yamane*1, Masashi Kiguchi*2, Taiichi Hayashi*3,
Ashraf M. Dewan*4,5, and Toru Terao*6
*1Faculty of Education, Tokoha University, 1-22-1 Sena, Aoi-ku, Shizuoka 412-0911, Japan
*2Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Komaba, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-8505, Japan
*3Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University, Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611-0011, Japan
*4Department of Spatial Science, Curtin University, Australia
*5Department of Geography and Environment, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
*6Faculty of Education, Kagawa University, Japan
-  T. Fujita, “Tatsumaki,” Kyouritsu shuppan, 1973 (in Japanese).
-  T. Hayashi, J. Katsura, M. Salehin, and M. F. Qayyum, “The tornado in the Tangail district of Bangladesh on May 13 of 1997,” Preprint of international symposium on Natural Disaster Prediction and Mitigation, Kyoto, Japan, 1997.
-  H. Ono, “Raiu to meso kisyou,” Tokyodou shuppan, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  E. R. Peterson and K. C. Mehta, “Tornadoes of the Indian subcontinent,” Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Wind Engineering, New Delhi, India, January 9-13, International Association of Wind Engineering, Vol.4, pp. 2077-2081, 1995.
-  A. M. Salehin, M. A. Haque, and J. U. Chowdhury, “Investigation of issues related to ties and tsunami during 1998 flood,” Perfomance evaluation of FCD/FCDI projects during 1998 flood, IFCDR, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, 1998.
-  Y. Yamane and T. Hayashi, “Evaluation of environmental conditions for the formation of severe local storms across Indian subcontinent,” Geophys. Res. Lett., Vol.33, L17806, 2006, doi:10.1029/2006GL026823.
-  Y. Yamane, T. Hayashi, A. M. Dewan, and F. Akter, “Severe local convective storms in Bangladesh: Part 2. Environmental conditions,” Atmos. Res., Vol.95, pp. 407-418, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.