Development and Testing of a Mobile Application for Recording and Analyzing Seismic Data
Shohei Naito*, Hiroki Azuma*, Shigeki Senna*,
Mutsuhiro Yoshizawa**, Hiromitsu Nakamura*, Ken Xiansheng Hao*,
Hiroyuki Fujiwara*, Yoshiharu Hirayama***, Noboru Yuki***,
and Minoru Yoshida***
*National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, 3-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0006, Japan
**Takenaka Corporation, Otsuka1-5-1, Inzai, Chiba 270-1395, Japan
***Hakusan Corporation, J Tower, 1-1 Nikko-cho, Fuchu-shi, Tokyo 183-0044, Japan
-  T. Kunugi, S. Aoi, and H. Fujiwara, “Strong-Motion Observation in Japan – History and Perspective –,” Journal of the seismological sociey of Japan, Vol.61, pp. 19-34, July 2009.
-  Austin Holland, “Earhquake Data Recorded by the MEMS Accelerometer: Field Testing in Idaho,” Seismological Research Letters, Vol.74, No.1, pp. 20-26. 2003.
-  S. Naito, T. Kunugi, and H. Nakamura, “Evaluation of MEMS acceleration sensor for strong motion observation,” Progamme and Abstracts, the Seisomological Society of Japan 2009 Fall meeting, p. 181, 2009.
-  E. Koide, N. Fukuwa, K. Masaki, T. Hara, K. Ohta, and K. Itoigawa, “Development of Low-Cost Seismograph for Building Response Through Internet,” Journal of architecture and building science, Vol.23, pp. 453-458, June 2006.
-  S. Horiuchi, Y. Horiuchi, S. Yamamoto, H. Nakamura, C.Wu, P. A. Rydelek, and M. Kachi, “Home seismometer for earthquake early warning,” Geophysical Research Letters, Vol.36, pp. 20-26, 2009.
-  K. Takano, “Sensor Network for the Earthquake Hazard Mitigation : About the Approach by the IT Strong Motion Seismometer,” The Journal of the Institute of Electronics Information and Communication Engineers, Vol.92, No.3, pp. 209-217, 2009.
-  H. Goto, H. Morikawa, M. Inatani, Y. Ogura, S. Tokue, X.-R. Zhang, M. Iwasaki, M. Araki, S. Sawada, and A. Zerva, “Very Dense Seismic Array Observations in Furukawa District, Japan,” Seismological Research Letters, Vol.83, No.5, pp. 765-774, 2012.
-  Weathernews Inc., “Yure Project,”
http://weathernews.jp/yure/ [accessed March 2013]
-  E. S. Cochran, J. F. Lawrence, C. Christensen, and R. S. Jakka, “The Quake-Catcher Network: Citizen Science Expanding Seismic Horizons,” Seismological Reserch Letters, Vol.80, No.1, pp. 26-29, January/Febrauary 2009.
-  A. Shibayama, T. Okamoto, S. Ohno, K. Seo, and O. Takizawa, “Development of Immediate Earthquake Intensity Information Aggregation System Using PC Built-In Sensors and IP Multicast,” Journal of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, Vol.11, No.4, pp. 17-33, 2011.
-  D. T. Griscom, “SeisMac: Turn Your Apple Laptop into a Selfcontained Seismograph,” Seismological Research Letters, Vol.77, pp. 731-733, November/December 2006.
-  M. Numada, K. Ohta, T. Komatsu, and K. Meguro, “Development of symple system for measuring and collecting vibration using Smart Phone application,” Seisan Kenkyu, Vol.62, No.6, pp. 637-642, 2010.
-  M. Yoshizawa, T. Nagae, K. Fukuyama, K. Kajiwara, T. Saito, H. Kitamura, N. Fukuwa, and M. Nakashima, “Experimental Study on the Seismic Loss of Functionality of buildings due to interior space damage (part1 Overview of experiments),” Summaries of technical papers of Annual Meeting Architectural Institue of Japan, September 2012.
-  S. Senna and H. Fujiwara, “Development of Analyzing Tools for Microtremor Survey Observation Data, Vol.1,” Technical Note of the National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, No.313, March 2008.
-  T. Noji, Y. Sawada, and K. Yamagishi, “Applicability of H/V Spectral Ratio for Buildings Based on Microtremor Measurements,” Summaries of technical papers of Annual Meeting Architectural Institute of Japan. B-2, Structures II, Structural dynamics nuclear power plants, pp. 151-152, 2008.
-  S. Senna, H. Azuma, S. Adachi, Y. Asaka, and H. Fujiwara, “Construction of the cloud type microtremor observation system,” Japan Geoscience Union Meeting, May 2012.
-  H. Fujiwara, S. Kawai, N. Morikawa, S. Senna, N. Kudo, M. Ooi, K. X.-S. Hao, K. Wakamatsu, Y. Ishikawa, T. Okumura, T. Ishii, S. Matsushima, Y. Hayakawa, N. Toyama, and A. Narita, “A study on ‘National Seismic Hazard Maps for Japan’,” Technical Note of the National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, No.336, November 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.