Investigation Report on the Flooding Condition in the Midstream Area of Chao Praya River During the Thai Flooding in 2011
Kohei Fujii, Kenichi Tsukahara, Hironori Hayashi,
Yasuhiro Mitani, Hiro Ikemi, Cham Tau Chia,
and Yukihiro Shimatani
Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
Various investigations about the flood condition and dam operation have been conducted on 2011 Chao Praya river flooding. Investigations about the lower reaches of the Chao Praya river, which was heavily damaged, have been conducted, but investigation reports about the flood form of the midstream Chao Praya river, i.e., upstream where the Ping and Nan rivers meet, have hardly been reported. This investigation sorts out the conditions of flooding and the reservoir of the midstream Chao Praya river and the reflow into river channels fromthe floodplain, which is reflooding, inspects them based on field investigations and considers the possibility of reducing flood damage in the lower reaches using the floodplain in the midstream area.
Yasuhiro Mitani, Hiro Ikemi, Cham Tau Chia, and
and Yukihiro Shimatani, “Investigation Report on the Flooding Condition in the Midstream Area of Chao Praya River During the Thai Flooding in 2011,” J. Disaster Res., Vol.8, No.3, pp. 424-431, 2013.
-  D. Komori, M. Kiguchi, and S. Nakamura “The 2011 Chao Phraya flood and flood countermeasures for future,” 2012.
-  T. Oki and D. Komori, “Facing the floods in Thailand,” 2012.
-  D. Komori, “The cause of 2011 Chao Phraya flooding that occurred in Thailand,” 2012.
-  Strategic Committee for Water Resource Management (SCWRM), Office of the Strategic Committee for Water Resource Management (SCWRM), Office of the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB), “Project for National Water Resources Master Plan,” 2012.
-  Taikan Oki, “The Chaophraya flood 2011 and flood disaster of Thailand,” 2012.
-  Institute of Industrial Science, the University of Tokyo Oki Laboratory, “2011 Thailand flood survey results (Part 4),” 2011.
-  Public Works Research Institute Japan Science and Technology Agency, “Symposium Report on basin water management policy in Thailand Chao Phraya River, China Yangtze,” 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.