Preliminary Analysis for Evaluation of Local Site Effects in Lima City, Peru from Ground Motion Data by Using the Spectral Inversion Method
Selene Quispe*, Hiroaki Yamanaka*, Zenon Aguilar**,
Fernando Lazares**, and Hernando Tavera***
*Department of Environmental Science and Technology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 226-8502, Japan
**Japan Peru Center for Earthquake Engineering and Disaster Mitigation (CISMID), Faculty of Civil Engineering, National University of Engineering, Av. Túpac Amaru N°1150, Lima 25, Peru
***Geophysical Institute of Peru (IGP), Calle Badajoz # 169, Mayorazgo IV Etapa, Ate Vitarte, Lima, Peru
-  T. Iwata and K. Irikura, “Source parameters of the 1983 Japan Sea Earthquake sequence,” J. Phys. Earth., Vol.36, pp. 155-184, 1988.
-  T. Iwata and K. Irikura, “Separation of source, propagation and site effects from observed S-waves,” Zisin II (J. Seismol. Soc. Jpn.), Vol.39, pp. 579-593, 1986 (in Japanese with English Abstract).
-  K. L. Lee and J. Monge, “Effect of soil conditions on damage in the Peru earthquake of October 17, 1966,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.58, pp. 937-962, 1968.
-  C. Lomnitz and R. Cabré, “The Peru earthquake of October 17, 1966,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.58, pp. 645-661, 1968.
-  P. Repetto, I. Arango, and H. B. Seed, “Influence of site characteristics on building damage during the October 3, 1974 Lima earthquake,” Report-Earthquake Engineering Research Center, College of Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, California, NTIS, pp. 80-41, 1980.
-  J. P. Le Roux, C. Tavares, and F. Alayza, “Sedimentology of the Rimac-Chillon alluvial fan at Lima, Peru, as related to Plio-Pleistocene sea-level changes, glacial cycles and tectonics,” Journal of South American Earth Sciences, Vol.13, pp. 499-510, 2002.
-  Z. Aguilar, “Seismic Microzonation of Lima,” Japan-Peru Workshop on Earthquake Disaster Mitigation, Japan-Peru Center for Earthquake Engineering and Disaster Mitigation (CISMID), Faculty of Civil Engineering, National University of Engineering, Lima, Peru, 2005.
-  W. R. Stephenson, R. A. Benites, and P. N. Davenport, “Localized coherent response of the La Molina basin (Lima, Peru) to earthquakes, and future approaches suggested by Parkway basin (New Zealand) experience,” Solid dynamics and earthquake engineering, Vol.29, No.10, pp. 1347-1357, 2009.
-  D. Calderon, “Dynamic characteristics of the soils in Lima, Peru, by estimating shallow and deep shear-wave velocity profiles,” Graduate School of Engineering, Chiba University, Japan, 2012.
-  A. Martínez and F. Porturas, “Planos Geotécnicos para Lima, Perú”, Análisis y Visión en Ingeniería Sísmica, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Lima, Perú, 1975 (in Spanish).
-  I. Bernal and H. Tavera, “Aceleraciones máximas registradas en la ciudad de Lima: Sismo de Pisco del 15 de Agosto del 2007 (7.0 ML),” Informe preliminar, 2007 (in Spanish).
-  J. Riepl, P.-Y. Bard, D. Hatzheld, C. Papaionnou, and S. Nechtschein, “Detail evaluation of site response estimation methods across and along the sedimentary valley of Volvi (EUROSEISTEST),” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.88, pp. 488-502, 1998.
-  L. R. Husid, “Características de terremotos – análisis general,” Revista del IDIEM 8, pp. 21-42, Santiago, Chile, 1969 (in Spanish).
-  M. W. J. McCann and H. C. Shah, “Determining strong motion duration of earthquakes,” Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., Vol.69, pp. 1253-1265, 1979.
-  M. Takemura, T. Ikeura, and R. Sato, “Scaling relations for source parameters and magnitude of Earthquake in the Izu Peninsula Region,” Tohoku Geophys. J. (Sci. Rep. Tohoku Univ., Ser. 5), Vol.32, pp. 77-89, 1990.
-  H. Kanamori, “Mechanism of tsunami earthquakes,” Phys. Earth Planet. Inter., Vol.6, pp. 346-359, 1972.
-  K. Kato, M. Takemura, T. Ikeura, K. Urao, and T. Uetake, “Preliminary analysis for evaluation of local site effect from strong motion spectra by an Inversion Method,” J. Pyhs. Earth, Vol.40, pp. 175-191, 1992.
-  J. Cabrejos, “Amplificación sísmica en la ciudad de Lima aplicando la Técnica de Cocientes Espectrales,” Facultad de Ingeniería Civil, Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería, Lima, Peru, 2009 (in Spanish).
-  J. H. Steidl, A. G. Tumarkin, and R. J. Archuleta, “What is a reference site?,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.86, pp. 1733-1748, 1996.
-  D. Calderon, T. Sekiguchi, S. Nakai, Z. Aguilar, and F. Lazares, “Study of soil amplification dased on microtremor and seismic records in Lima Peru,” Journal of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, Vol.12, No.2, 2012.
-  R. D. Borcherdt, “Estimates of site-dependent response spectra for design (methodology and justification),” Earthquake Spectra, Vol.10, pp. 617-653, 1994.
-  D. M. Boore, “Estimating VS30 (or NEHRP site classes) from shallow velocity models (depths < 30 m),” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, Vol.94, pp. 591-597, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.