Strong Motion Simulation of the M8.0 August 15, 2007, Pisco Earthquake; Effect of a Multi-Frequency Rupture Process
Nelson Pulido*1, Hernando Tavera*2, Zenon Aguilar*3,
Shoichi Nakai*4, and Fumio Yamazaki*4
*1National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention (NIED), 3-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0006, Japan
*2Geophysical Institute of Peru (IGP), Calle Badajoz # 169, Mayorazgo IV Etapa, Ate Vitarte, Lima, Peru
*3Faculty of Civil Engineering, National University of Engineering, Av. Túpac Amaru N° 1150, Lima 25, Peru
*4Department of Urban Environment Systems, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
-  A. Sladen et al., “Source model of the 2007 Mw8.0 Pisco, Peru earthquake: Implications for seismogenic behavior of subduction megathrusts,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.115, B02405, doi:10.1029/2009JB006429, 2010.
-  M. Motagh, R. Wang, T. R. Walter, R. Bürgmann, E. Fielding, J. Anderssohn, and J. Zschau, “Coseismic slip model of the 2007 August Pisco earthquake (Peru) as constrained by wide swath radar observations,” Geophys. J. Int., Vol.174, pp. 842-848, 2008.
-  M. E. Pritchard and E. J. Fielding, “A study of the 2006 and 2007 earthquake sequence of Pisco, Peru, with InSAR and teleseismic data,” Geophys. Res. Lett., Vol.35, L09308, doi:10.1029/2008GL033374, 2008.
-  T. Lay, C. J. Ammon, A. R. Hutko, and H. Kanamori, “Effects of kinematic constraints on teleseismic finite-source rupture inversions: Great Peruvian earthquakes of 23 June 2011 and 15 August 2007,” Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., Vol.100, pp. 969-994, doi:10.1785/0120090274, 2010.
-  N. Pulido, and T. Kubo, “Near-Fault Strong Motion Complexity of the 2000 Tottori Earthquake (Japan) from a Broadband Source Asperity Model,” Tectonophysics, Vol.390, pp. 177-192, 2004.
-  M. Bouchon, “A simple method to calculate Green’s functions for elastic layered media,” Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., Vol.71, pp. 959-971, 1981.
-  N. Pulido and L. Dalguer, “Estimation of the high-frequency radiation of the 2000 Tottori (Japan) earthquake based on a dynamic model of fault rupture: Application to the strong ground motion simulation,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.99, No.4, pp. 2305-2322, doi: 10.1785/012008016, 2009.
-  N. Pulido, A. Ojeda, A. Kuvvet, and T. Kubo, “Strong Ground Motion Estimation in the Marmara Sea Region (Turkey) Based on a Scenario Earthquake,” Tectonophysics, Vol.391, pp. 357-374, 2004.
-  M. B. Sorensen, K. Atakan, and N. Pulido, “Simulated strong ground motions for the great M9.3 Sumatra-Andaman earthquake of December 26, 2004,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.97, 1A, pp. S139-S151, doi: 10.1785/0120050608, 2007.
-  H. Arai, personal communication, 2012.
-  B. Zhao and M. Horike, “Simulation of High-Frequency Strong Vertical Motions using Microtremor Horizontal-to-Vertical Ratios,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.93, No.6, pp. 2546-2553, 2003.
-  S. Hartzell and C. Langer, “Importance of Model Parameterization in Finite Fault Inversions: Application to the 1974 Mw8.0 Peru Earthquake,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.98, No.22, pp. 123-22, p.134, 1993.
-  M. Raoof and O. Nuttli, “Attenuation of High-Frequency EarthquakeWaves in South America,” PAGEOPH, Vol.122, pp. 619-644, 1984.
-  J. Ripperger and P. M. Mai, “Fast computation of static stress changes on 2D faults from final slip distributions,” Geophys. Res. Lett., Vol.31, L18610, doi:10.1029/2004GL020594, 2004.
-  R. G. Stockwell, L. Mansinha, and R. P. Lowe, “Localization of the complex spectrum: the S transform, IEEE Trans. Signal Process,” Vol.44, pp. 998-1001, 1996.
-  T. Lay, H. Kanamori, C. J. Ammon, K. D. Koper, A. R. Hutko, L. Ye, H. Yue, and T. M. Rushing, “Depth-varying rupture properties of subduction zone megathrust faults,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.117, B04311, doi:10.1029/2011JB009133, 2012.
-  O. Sufri, K. D. Koper, and T. Lay, “Along-dip seismic radiation segmentation during the 2007 Mw 8.0 Pisco,” Peru earthquake, Geophys. Res. Lett., Vol.39, L08311, doi:10.1029/2012GL051316, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.