Dynamic Response of Bottom Water Pressure due to the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake
Hiroyuki Matsumoto*, Shusaku Inoue**, and Tatsuo Ohmachi***
*Japan Agency for Marin-Earth Science and Technology, 2-15 Natsushima, Yokosuka 237-0061, Japan
**Takenaka Research and Development Institute, 1-5-1 Ohtsuka, Inzai, Chiba 270-1395, Japan
***Japan Dam Engineering Center, Nissyoku Bld., 2-9-7 Ikenohata, Taito, Tokyo 110-0008, Japan
-  Y. Hayashi, H. Tsushima, K. Hirata, K. Kimura, and K. Maeda, “Tsunami source area of the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake determined from tsunami arrival times at offshore observation stations,” Earth Plants Space, Vol.63, pp. 809-813, 2011.
-  T. Ozaki, “Outline of the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake (Mw 9.0) – Tsunami warnings/advisories and observations –,” Earth Plants Space, Vol.63, pp. 827-830, 2011.
-  T. Maeda, T. Furumura, S. Sakai, and M. Shinohara, “Significant tsunami observed at ocean-bottom pressure gauges during the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” Earth Plants Space, Vol.63, pp. 803-808, 2011.
-  K. Hirata, M. Aoyagi, H. Mikada, K. Kawaguchi, Y. Kaiho, R. Iwase, S. Morita, I. Fujisawa, H. Sugioka, K. Mitsuzawa, K. Suyehiro, H. Kinoshita, and N. Fujiwara, “Real-time geophysical measurements on the deep seafloor using submarine cable in the southern Kurile subduction zone,” IEEE J. Ocean. Eng., Vol.27, pp. 170-181, 2002.
-  U. S. Geological Survey, “Finite fault model, Updated result of the Mar 11, 2011 Mw9.0 earthquake offshore Honshu, Japan,” 2011.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqinthenews/2011/usc0001xgp/finite_fault.php [accessed at 27 December, 2011]
-  Y. Fujii, K. Satake, S. Sakai, M. Shinohara, and T. Kanazawa, “Tsunami source of the 2011 off the pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” Earth Plants Space, Vol.63, pp. 815-820, 2011.
-  M. Takahashi, “Telemetry bottom pressure observation system at a depth of 2,200 meter,” J. Phys. Earth, Vol.29, pp. 77-88, 1981.
-  M. Nosov and S. Kolesov, “Elastic oscillations of water column in the 2003 Tokachi-oki tsunami source: in-situ measurements and 3-D numerical modeling,” Nat. Haz. Earth Sys. Sci., Vol.7, pp. 243-249, 2007.
-  K. Takayama, “Statistical relationship between tsunami maximum amplitudes of offshore and coastal stations,” Pap. Meteorol. Geophys., Vol.59, pp. 83-95, 2008 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  A. Bolshakova, S. Inoue, S. Kolesov, H. Matsumoto, M. Nosov, and T. Ohmachi, “Hydroacoustic effects in the 2003 Tokachi-oki tsunami source,” Russ. J. Earth. Sci., Vol.12, ES2005, 2011. doi:10.2205/2011ES000509
-  A. Bergant, A. R. Simpson, and A. S. Tijsseling, “Water hammer with column separation: A historical review,” J. Fluids Structures, 22, pp. 135-177, 2006.
-  T. B. Benjamin and F. Ursell, “The stability of the plane free surface of a liquid in vertical periodic motion,” Proc. R. Soc. London, 255, 505, 1954.
-  J. H. Filloux, “Tsunami record on the open ocean floor,” Geophys. Res. Lett., Vol.9, pp. 25-28, 1982.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.