Analysis of the Impact of Water-Supply Outages Due to Multiple Factors Caused by the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake
Yasuko Kuwata and Tasuku Okamoto
Department of Civil Engineering, Kobe University, Rokkodai 1, Nada, Kobe, Hyogo 657-8501, Japan
-  Japan Society for Civil Engineering, Earthquake Engineering Committee, “Reconnaissance Report on Damage in the East Japan Earthquake Disaster,” Chapter 10: Damage to Water Supply Facilities, pp. 10-1-10-6, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare, Japan, “Damage and response in the Great East Japan Earthquake Disaster” (report Nos. 1-49) (in Japanese),
http://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/houdou/2r98520000014j15.html [accessed May 2012]
-  Y. Ohnishi and Y. Kuwata, “A Study on Emergency Water Delivery in Wide-area Earthquake Disaster -A case study of the Great East Japan Earthquake,” J. of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Ser. A1, Vol.68, No.4, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Miyagi Prefecture Business Administration, “Outline of Sennan Area” (in Japanese),
http://www.pref.miyagi.jp/ [accessed May 2011]
-  Ibaraki Prefecture Business Administration, “On Damage and Restoration of Regional Water-supply System” (in Japanese),
http://www.pref.ibaraki.jp/bukyoku/kigyou/hisaijousui.pdf [accessed May 2011]
-  Japan Water Works Association, “Statistics of Water Works,” Tokyo, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  S. Takada, E. Harayama, and T. Imanishi, “Time and space Analysis of Restoration Process for Damaged Water and Gas Supply Systems during the Hyogo-ken Nanbu Earthquake,” Research Report on RCUSS, Kobe University, Vol.7, pp. 213-235, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  Kobe City Water Bureau, “Record of the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake Water-Supply Restoration,” 1996 (in Japanese).
-  K.Wakamatsu, “Maps for Historic Liquefaction Sites in Japan 745-2008,” University of Tokyo Press, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare, Japan, “Reconniance Report on Water Supply Facilities during the Niigata Chuetsu earthquake,” pp. 5-24, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare, Japan, “Reconniance Report on Water Supply Facilities during the Noto earthquake,” 2007 (in Japanese).
-  K. Konagai, I. Suetomi, S. Sawada, A. Onoue, H. Toyota, Y. Kuwata, S. Takada, K. Tamura, H. Iwata, T. Hashimoto, and H. Iemura, “Important features of the damage caused by the July 16th 2007 off-Chuetsu earthquake,” Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Committee of Earthquake Engineering, Damage reports of the domestic and international earthquakes occurring 2006 to 2010, 2010 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.