Strong Motion Records of the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake and its Attenuation Characteristics
Saburoh Midorikawa, Hiroyuki Miura, and Tomohiro Atsumi
*Department of Built Environment, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259-G3-3 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8502, Japan
-  Earthquake Research Committee, “Evaluations of occurrence potentials of subduction-zone earthquakes along off the pacific Coast of Sanriku to Boso,” p. 36, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  K. Koketsu et al., “A unified source model for the 2011 Tohoku earthquake,” Earth and Planetary Science Letters, Vol.310, Issues 3-4, pp. 480-487, 2011.
-  K. Irikura and S. Kurahashi, “Simulation of strong ground motions from the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and a recipe of predicting strong ground motions,” Japan Geoscience Union Meeting 2012, SSS26-017, 2012.
-  S. Midorikawa, “Strong Motion Networks in Japan – Progress after the 1995 Kobe earthquake –,” Proceedings of the International Symposium on Earthquake Engineering (ISEE Kobe 2005), Vol.1, pp. A-91-A-96, 2005.
-  NIED, 2011, http://www.kyoshin.bosai.go.jp/index_en.html [accessed May 28, 2012].
-  Japan Meteorological Business Support Center, Acceleration Time History Data 2011 DVD, 2012.
-  MLIT, 2011, http://www.nilim.go.jp/lab/rdg/index.htm [accessed May 28, 2012]
-  PARI, 2011, http://www.mlit.go.jp/kowan/kyosin/eq.htm [accessed May 28, 2012]
-  BRI, 2011, http://smo.kenken.go.jp/smdb [accessed May 28, 2012]
-  M. Matsuoka et al., “Average Shear-wave Velocity Mapping Using Japan Engineering Geomorphologic Classification Map,” Journal of Structural Engineering and Earthquake Engineering, JSCE, Vol.23, No.1, pp. 57s-68s, 2006.
-  M. Motosaka and T. Tsamba, “Investigation of High Acceleration Records at K-NET Tsukidate Station During the 2011 Off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” Proceedings of the 8th Annual Meeting of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, pp. 24-25, 2011.
-  H. Si and S. Midorikawa, “New Attenuation Relationships for Peak Ground Acceleration and Velocity Considering Effects of Fault Type and Site Condition,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering, A.I.J., No.523, pp. 63-70, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  Skarlatoudis and Papazachos, “Preliminaly Study of the Strong Ground Motions of the Tohoku, Japan, Earthquake of 11 March 2011: Assessing the Influence of Anelastic Attenuation and Rupture Directivity,” Seismological Research Letters, Vol.83, No.1, pp. 119-129, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.