Estimation of S-Wave Velocity Profiles and Site Amplification Around the K-NET Tsukidate Station, Miyagi Prefecture, with Reference to Large PGA During the 2011 off Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake, Japan
Hiroaki Yamanaka*1, Kosuke Chimoto*1, Seiji Tsuno*2,
Yadab. P. Dhakal*1, Mohamed Amrouche*1, Nobuyuki Yamada*3,
Shun’ichi Fukumoto*4, and Kiminobu Eto*4
*1Department of Environmental Science and Technology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 226-8502, Japan
*2Railway Technical Research Institute, 2-8-38 Hikari-cho, Kokubunji-shi, Tokyo 185-8540, Japan
*3Fukuoka University of Education, 1-1 Akamabunkyomachi, Munakata City, Fukuoka 811-4192, Japan
*4Tokyo Soil Research Co., Ltd., 2-11-16 Higashigaoka, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-0021, Japan
-  S. Midorikawa and H. Miura, “K-NET Tsukidate Strong Motion Record and Nearby Damage during the 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” Summary of Technical papers of Annual meeting of AIJ, B-2, pp. 37-38, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  H. Iizuka, Y. Hayashi, Y. Sakai, and K. Kanda, “Ground Motion and Building Damage during the 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake, Part 1 Earthquake records and damage near strong motion site” Proceeding of the 8th Annual Meeting of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, pp. 40-41, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  M. Motosaka and T. Tsamba, “Investigation of high acceleration records at K-NET Tsukidate station during the 2011 off the Pacific coast Tohoku Earthquake,” Proceeding of the 8th Annual Meeting of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, pp. 24-25, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  S. Matsushima, F. Nagashima, H. Kawase, T. Hayakawa, M. Oshima, T. Satoh, Baoyintu, and K. Nakano, “Aftershock observation of the 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku earthquake near K-NET Tsukidate,” Proceeding of the 8th Annual Meeting of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, pp. 446-447, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  H. Yamanaka, S. Tsuno, K. Chimoto, N. Yamada, S. Fukumoto, and K. Eto, “Estimation of site amplification from observation of aftershocks of the 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku earthquake and microtremor explorations in the vicinity of K-NET Tsukidate station, Miyagi prefecture, Japan,” Geophysical Exploration (Butsuri Tansa), Vol.64, pp. 389-399, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  T. Hayakawa, M. Oshima, T. Satoh, H. Kawase, S. Matsushima, Baoyintu, F. Nagashima, and K. Nakano, “Estimation of surface layer at K-NET Tsukidate using microtremor array observation and site effects,” Proceeding of the 8th AnnualMeeting of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, pp. 444-445, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Sakai, A. Aoi, K. Arai, and T. Suzuki, “Damage Investigation of Surroundings of the Seismic Stations in the 2008 Iwate-Miyagi Nairiku Earthquake and Correspondence of Damage to Bulidings with Strong Ground Motions,” Journal of Japan Earthquake Engineering Association, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 14-53, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  H. Yamanaka, “Inversion of surface-wave phase velocity using hybrid heuristic search method,” Geophysical exploration (Butsuri Tnasa), Vol.60, pp. 265-275, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  H. Yamanaka, M. Takemura, H. Ishida, and M. Niwa, “Characteristics of long-period microtremors and their applicability for exploration of deep sedimentary layers,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am, Vol.84, pp. 1831-1841, 1994.
-  H. Arai and K. Tokimatsu, “S-Wave Velocity Profiling by Inversion of Microtremor H/V Spectrum,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.94, pp. 53-63, 2004.
-  National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, Japan Seismic Hazard Information Station (J-SHIS),
http://www.j-shis.bosai.go.jp/ [accessed Aug. 10, 2012]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.