Mechanism of FMD Outbreaks and its Control in Asian Region
Exotic Disease Research Division, National Institute of Animal Health, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO), 6-20-1 Kodaira, Tokyo 187-0022, Japan
-  A. I. Donaldson and N. P. Ferris, “Sites of release of airborne footand-mouth disease virus from infected pigs,” Res. Vet. Sci. Vol.29, pp. 315-319, 1980.
-  C. S. Dunn and A. I. Donaldson, “Natural adaptation to pigs of a Taiwanese isolate of foot-and-mouth disease virus,” Vet. Rec. Vol.141, pp. 174-175, 1997.
-  J. C. Gibbens, C. E. Sharpe, J. W. Wilesmith, L. M. Mansley, E. Michalopoulou, J. B. Ryan, and M. Hudson, “Descriptive epidemiology of the 2001 foot-and-mouth disease epidemic in Great Britain: the first five months,” Vet. Rec. Vol.149, pp. 729-743, 2001.
-  D. J. Paton, D. P. King, N. J. Knowles, and J. Hammond, “Recent spread of foot-and-mouth disease in the Far East,” Vet. Rec. Vol.166, pp. 569-570, 2010.
-  D. J. Paton, K. J. Sumption, and B. Charleston, “Options for control of foot-and-mouth disease: knowledge, capability and policy,” Philos. Trans. roy. Soc. Lond., B, biol. Sci., Vol.364, No.1530, pp. 2657-2667, 2009.
-  K. Sakamoto, T. Kanno, M. Yamakawa et al., “Isolation of foot-andmouth disease virus from Japanese black cattle in Miyazaki Prefecture, Japan, 2000,” J. Vet. Med. Sci., Vol.64, pp. 91-94, 2002.
-  K. Sakamoto and K. Yoshida, “Recent outbreaks of foot and mouth disease in countries of east Asia,” Rev. sci. tech. Off. Epiz. Vol.20, pp. 701-713, 2002.
-  K. Sakamoto, S. Ohashi, K. Fukai et al., “In vitro activities of antiviral agents against foot-and-mouth disease virus RNA-dependent RAN polymerase,” Japanese Journal of Animal Hygiene, Vol.37, No.2, pp. 45-49, 2011.
-  K. Sakamoto, S. Ohashi, R. Yamazoe et al., “FAO Report of the European Commission for the Control of Foot-and-Mouth Disease, pp. 418-424, 2006,
http://www.fao.org/ag/againfo/commissions/docs/research_group/paphos/App64.pdf [accessed at Oct. 14, 2011]
-  P. Sutmoller and S. J. Barteling, “The history of foot-and-mouth disease vaccine development: a personal perspective,” In Symposium Proceedings of Foot-and-Mouth Disease: Control Strategy, Vol.261-272, Lyons, France, June 2002.
-  P. Sutmoller and D. J. Vose, “Contamination of animal products: the minimum pathogen dose required to initial infection,” Rev. sci. teck. Off. Int. Epiz., Vol.16, pp. 30-32, 1997.
-  Quarterly OIE/FAO Reference Laboratory Reports 2010 to 2011,
http://www.wrlfmd.org/ [accessed at Jan. 12, 2012]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.