Internal Security Issues Related to Automatic System Malfunction and a Model to Explain Foresight of Experts and Non-Experts
Soichiro Morishita*, and Hiroshi Yokoi**
*Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies, The University of Tokyo, Hongo 7-3-1 Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan
**Graduate School of Informatics and Engineering, The University of Electro-Communications, Chofugaoka 1-5-1, Chofu-shi, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
-  Chauncey Starr, “Social benefit versus technological risk,” Science (New York, NY), Vol.165, No.899, pp. 1232-1238, 1969.
-  P. Huber, “Safety and the second best: The hazards of public risk management in the courts,” Colum. L. Rev., Vol.85, pp. 277-1833, 1985.
-  F. B. Cross, “Public role in risk control,” Envtl. L., Vol.24, pp. 887-943, 1994.
-  Zhanfei Zhou, Soichiro Morishita, Hiroshi Mikami, and Taketoshi Mishima, “Groupware administration system based on unix,” In Technical Report of IEICE FACE2001-16, pp. 5-8. IEICE, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  Soichiro Morishita, Hidetsune Kobayashi, and Taketoshi Mishima, “Representing knowledge in fault tree analysis for building the internal security system,” In Technical Report of IEICE SITE2002-23, pp. 29-32. IEICE, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  Soichiro Morishita and Taketoshi Mishima, “Automated administration system for internal security with fault tree analysis and shared signature,” In Proceedings of the ITC-CSCC 2003, International Technical Conference on Circuits/System, Computers and Communications (ITC-CSCC2003), pp. 1432-1435, Phoenix Park, Kang-Won Do, Korea, July 2003.
-  Soichiro Morishita, Hiroki Hashiguchi, and Taketoshi Mishima, “Formalization of knowledge for automatic administration system to the internal security problem,” In Technical Report of IEICE SITE2008-80, Vol.108, pp. 213-218. IEICE, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  Soichiro Morishita and Taketoshi Mishima, “Consideration about categorize under the internal security problem,” In Technical Report of IEICE SITE2009-4, Vol.109, pp. 63-66. IEICE, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  Soichiro Morishita and Hiroshi Yokoi, “The internal security issues in automatic systems – case studies and a review from the viewpoint of engineering ethics –,” In Technical Report of IEICE, No. SITE2010-47, pp. 27-30. IEICE, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  LIBRAHACK, “Librahack: Okazaki library incident from viewpoint of the suspect,”
http://librahack.jp/, November 2010 (in Japanese).
-  Hiromitsu Takagi, “Diary of hiromitsu takagi@home,”
http://takagihiromitsu.jp/diary/20100710.html#p01, July 2010 (in Japanese).
-  Katsuyuki Maeda, “Diary of a system administrator,”
http://www.nantoka.com/?kei/diary/?20100722S1, July 2010 (in Japanese).
-  Japanese Standard Association, “Information technology – Security techniques – Code of practice for information security management,” JIS, Q 27002:2006 edition, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  J. Mirkovic and P. Reiher, “A taxonomy of DDoS attack and DDoS defense mechanisms,” ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, Vol.34, No.2, pp. 39-53, 2004.
-  J. J. Beckers and H. G. Schmidt, “The structure of computer anxiety: a six-factor model,” Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 35-49, 2001.
-  J. J. Beckers and H. G. Schmidt, “Computer experience and computer anxiety,” Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.19, No.6, pp. 785-797, 2003.
-  T. Inagaki, K. Nagai, Y. Nagato, A. Nakamura, F. Shoji, and T. Sumiya, “Multipurpose Independent-Study Environment for Information Technology Based Education and Training,” In 2nd International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Eduction and Training, 2001.
-  J. F. MacGregor and T. Kourti, “Statistical process control of multivariate processes,” Control Engineering Practice, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 403-414, 1995.
-  Learned Hand, “United states v. Carroll Towing Co.,” 159 F.2d 169, 173, 2nd Cir. 1947.
-  G. C. Keating, “Reasonableness and rationality in negligence theory,” Stanford Law Review, Vol.48, No.2, pp. 311-384, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.