Slope Monitoring System at a Slope Behind an Important Cultural Asset
Kazunari Sako*, Ryoichi Fukagawa**,
and Tomoaki Satomi***
*Ritsumeikan Global Innovation Research Organization, Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Noji-higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
**Department of Civil Engineering, Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Noji-higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
***Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Tohoku University, 6-6-20 Aramaki-Aoba, Aoba, Sendai City, Miyagi 980-8579, Japan
-  K. Sako, R. Fukagawa, K. Iwasaki, T. Satomi, and I. Yasukawa, “Field Monitoring on Slope around Important Cultural Asset in order to Prevent Slope Disasters due to Rainfall,” Japanese Geotechnical Journal, Vol.1, No.3, pp. 57-69, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  T. Sugiyama, K. Okada, H. Muraishi, T. Noguchi, and M. Samizo, “Statistical rainfall risk estimating method for deep collapse of a cut slope,” Soils and Foundations, Vol.35, No.4, pp. 37-48, 1995.
-  K. Okada, Y. Makihara, A. Niiho, K. Nagata, M. Kokuji, and K. Saito, “SoilWater Index,” J. of the Meteorological Society of Japan, Vol.48, No.5, pp. 59-66, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  I. Tsaparas, H. Rahardjo, D. G. Toll, and E. C. Leong, “Infiltration characteristics of two instrumented residual soil slopes,” Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol.40, No.3, pp. 1012-1032, 2003.
-  H. Rahardjo, T. T. Lee, E. C. Leong, and R. B. Rezaur, “Response of a residual soil slope to rainfall,” Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol.42, No.2, pp. 340-351, 2005.
-  R. Kitamura, M. Kawaida, H. Abe, K. Jomoto, and T. Terachi, “Development of Field Measuring System for Suction in Unsaturated Soil with Rainfall,” J. of Geotechnical Engineering, JSCE, No.652/III-51, pp. 287-292, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  T. L. T. Zhan, C. W. W. Ng, and D. G. Fredlund, “Field study of rainfall infiltration into a grassed unsaturated expansive soil slope,” Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol.44, No.4, pp. 392-408, 2007.
-  A. Tohari, M. Nishigaki, and M. Komatsu, “Laboratory rainfallinduced slope failure with moisture content measurement,” ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol.133, No.5, pp. 575-587, 2007.
-  R. Kitamura, K. Sako, S. Kato, T. Mizushima, and H. Imanishi, “Soil tank test on seepage and failure behaviors of shirasu slope during rainfall, Journal of Geotechnical Engineering,” Vol.2, No.3, pp. 149-168, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  K. Sako, R. Kitamura, and R. Fukagawa, “Study of Slope Failure due to Rainfall: a Comparison between Experiment and Simulation,” Proc. of the 4th International Conference on Unsaturated Soils, Vol.2, pp. 2324-2335, 2006.
-  R. Kitamura, K. Sako, and K. Matsuo, “A research strategy for prediction of slope failures due to heavy rain,” Proc. of 12th Asian Regional Conference, pp. 1535-1538, 2003.
-  T. Satomi, K. Sako, I. Yasukawa, and R. Fukagawa, “Real time risk evaluation for a slope behind an important cultural asset due to rainfall using principal component analysis,” Journal of JSCE, Division C, Vol.65, No.2, pp. 564-578, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  H. H. Bui, R. Fukagawa, K. Sako, and J. C. Wells, “Slope stability analysis and discontinuous slope failure simulation by elasto-plastic smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH),” Geotechnique (in press).
-  T. Satomi, K. Sako, H. Yoshidome, and R. Fukagawa, “Improvement for the estimation method of evaporation using bulk method concerning water content variation of the uppermost soil layer,” Journal of Applied Mechanics JSCE, Vol.13, pp. 525-534, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  K. Sako, T. Satomi, R. Fukagawa, J. Nakaya, and Y. Ishida, “Ground displacement measurement of a slope behind an important cultural asset using optical fiber sensors,” Journal of Disaster Mitigation of Cultural Heritage and Historic Cities, Vol.2, pp. 105-110, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  Japan meteorological agency,
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.