Development of Application Systems for Earthquake Early Warning
Yukio Fujinawa, Yoshinori Rokugo, Yoichi Noda, Yoshinobu Mizui, Masaji Kobayashi, and Etsuo Mizutani
Real-time Earthquake Information Consortium (REIC), 2-14-4 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0004, Japan
-  J. D. Cooper, “Letter to editor, San Francisco Daily Evening Bulletin,” Nov. 3. 1868.
-  M. Hakuno and H. Takahashi, “The earthquake alarm system before 10seconds,” Shizen, 1972, September 1972 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Nakamura, “On the urgent earthquake detection and alarm system (UrEDAS),” Proc. of 9th world conf. on earthquake engineering, Tokyo-Kyoto, Japan, 1988.
-  H. Kanamori, “Real-time seismology and earthquake damage mitigation,” Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Vol.33, pp. 195-214, 2005.
-  Y. Fujinawa, S. Horiuchi, H. Negishi, Y. Hayashi, A. Kamimura, T. Iwata, K. Abe, S. S. Miura, T. Matsumoto, H. Fujiwara, and T. Kunugi, “Multiple applications of real-time seismic information,” XXIII General Assembly of the Int. Union of Geophysics and Geodesy (IUGG2003), 2003.
-  S. Horiuchi, H. Negishi, K. Abe, A. Kamimura, and Y. Fujinawa, “An automatic processing system for broadcasting earthquake alarms,” Bulletin Seismological Society of America, Vol.95, pp. 708-718, 2005.
-  S. Tsukada, T. Odaka, K. Ashiya, K. Ohtake, and D. Zozaka, “Analysis of the envelope waveform of the initial part of P-waves and its application to quickly estimating distance and magnitude,” Zisin, Vol.56, pp. 351-361, 2004.
-  O. Kamigaichi, “JMA Earthquake Early Warning,” Journal of Japan Association of Earthquake Engineering,” Vol.4, pp. 134-137, 2004.
-  MEXT and NIED Summary Report; Annual Reports of “Research Project for the Practical Use of Real-time Earthquake Information Networks,”
2008a; 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008b.
-  M. Hoshiba, O. Kamigaichi, M. Saito, S. Tsukada, and N. Hamada, “Earthquake Early Warning starts nationwide in Japan,” Eos, Vol.89, No.8, pp. 73-74, 2008.
-  Y. Fujinawa and Y. Noda, “Research and development of earthquake early warning-application systems for various users,” BUTSURI-TANSA, Vol.60, No.5, pp. 375-386, 2007.
-  M. Motosaka, “Earthquake Early Warning System Application for School Disaster Prevention,” Demonstration test, questionnaire investigation, Journal of Disaster Research, pp. 229-236, 2009 (this volume).
-  K. Meguro, Y. Fujinawa, N. Kawakami, and T. Nishino, “Impact of the earthquake early warning technology on society,” Symposium on Earthquake Early Warning Application Systems, pp. 53-59, 2004 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.