Promotion Planning for Application of an Earthquake Early Warning System in Taiwan
Liang-Chun Chen*1, Bing-Ru Wu*1, Kai-Wen Kuo*2, Keh-Chyuan Tsai*3, Nai-Chi Hsiao*2, Min Chen*4, and Tzu-Shiu Wu*1
*1National Science and Technology Center for Disaster Reduction, Taiwan, 9F, 200, Sec. 3, Beisin Rd., Sindian City, Taipei County, Taiwan
*2Seismological Center, Central Weather Bureau, Taiwan
*3National Center for Research on Earthquake Engineering, Taiwan
*4National Center for High-performance Computing, Taiwan
-  P. Gasparini, G. Manfredi, and J. Zschau, “Earthquake early warning systems,” Springer, New York, ISBN-13 978-3-540-72240-3, 2007.
-  G. Wurman, R. M. Allen, and P. Lombard, “Toward earthquake early warning in northern California,” Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol.112, B08311, doi:10.1029/ 2006JB004830, pp. 1-19, 2007.
-  Y. Nakamura, “UrEDAS, Urgent earthquake detection and alarm system, now and future,” Proc. of the 13th World Conf. on Earthquake Engineering, Paper No.908, 2004.
-  S. Horiuchi, H. Negishi, K. Abe, A. Kamimura, and Y. Fujinawa, “An automatic processing system for broadcasting earthquake alarms,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, Vol.95, pp. 708-718, 2005.
-  K. Meguro and Y. Fujinawa, “Earthquake early warnings,” Tokyo Horei Publishing Co., Ltd, Tokyo, ISBN978-4-8090-3126-7, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  Y. M. Wu and T. L Teng, “A Virtual Subnetwork Approach to Earthquake Early Warning,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, Vol.92, No.5, pp. 2008-2018, 2002.
-  Y. M. Wu and H. Kanamori, “Experiment on an onsite early warning method for the Taiwan early warning system,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America Vol.95, pp. 347-353, 2005.
-  K. Meguro, Y. Fujinawa, N. Kawakami, and T. Nishino, “The social impact induced by the implementation of the earthquake early warning,” (Translated from Japanese), Proc., Symposium on application systems of the earthquake early warning, pp. 53-58, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.