IT Framework for Disaster Mitigation Information Sharing
Itsuki Noda*1, Hiroki Shimora*1, Hiroki Matsui*2, Hiroshi Yokota*3, Akihiro Shibayama*4, Yoshiaki Hisada*5, Masahiro Murakami*5, Takeyasu Suzuki*6, Yasunori Hada*6, Takeshi Yamada*7,
Shinsaku Zama*8, Yasushi Hada*9, Jun-ichi Meguro*10,
and Ken Okamoto*11
*1National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Japan
*2CMD Laboratory Inc., Kusuda Bldg. 1F, 2-14-19 Jingmae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
*3Time Intermedia Corporation, IPB Bldg., 26-27 Saka-Machi Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
*4National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), 4-2-1, Nukui-Kitamachi, Tokyo, Japan
*5Dept. of Architecture, Kogakuin University, Nishi-Shinjuku 1-24-2, Tokyo 163-8677, Japan
*6Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, University of Yamanshi, 3-4-11, Takeda, Kofu, Yamanash Prefecture, Japan
*7Vector Research Institute, Inc. (VRI), 6-19-16 Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
*8National Research Institute of Fire and Disaster (FRI), 4-35-3 Jindaiji-Higashi, Chofu, Tokyo, Japan
*9Information Security Research Center, National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, 4-2-1, Nukui-Kitamachi, Tokyo, Japan
*10Advanced Research Institute for Science and Engineering, Waseda University, 17 Kikuicho, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
*11Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Juntendo University Urayasu Hospital, 2-1-1 Tomioka, Urayasu, Chiba 279-0021, Japan
The robust, loosely coupled network-based Web-service design and standard module-integrating protocol we propose serve as a general-purpose framework for information sharing supporting post-disaster rescue and restoration. Results of experiments confirmed the feasibility of our proposals. A noteworthy feature of our work is the simplicity of its elements and implementation.
-  APPLIC (Ed.), “Guideline for GIS Common Service (Ver.1.1),” The Association for Promotion of Public Local Information and Communication, 2008.
-  APPLIC (Ed.), “Specification of Standard for GIS Common Service (Ver.2.0),” The Association for Promotion of Public Local Information and Communication, 2008.
-  The Association for Promotion of Public Local Information and Communication, “Standard Specification for Public Local Information Platform V.2.1,” Sep. 2008.
-  OMG’s CORBA website.
-  K. Meguro et al. (Eds.), “Annual Report of Special Project for Earthquake Disaster Mitigation in Urban Areas IV,” National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, 2007.
-  T. Hoshikawa, “Current status and issues on disaster information sharing/exchanging systems using it,” In Fifth Annual Conference, pp. 241-246. Japan Society for Disaster Information Studies, Oct. 2003.11 (in Japanese).
-  T. Ichii, T. Aoyama, M. Murakami, and Y. Hisada, “Study on sharing of tourist and disaster prevention information using webgis system,” In Proc. of The 12th Symposium of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, pp. 1370-1373, Nov. 2006.
-  M. Kuse, M. Sugito, N. Nojima, T. Maeda, and T. Watanabe, “Information providing system on seismic disaster prevention for local residents through the internet,” In Proc. of The 13th Conference of Institute of Social Safety Science, Nov. 2003.
-  J. Meguro, K. Ishikawa, T. Hashizume, I. Noda, and M. Hatayama, “Disaster information collection by cooperation of rescue system and geographic information system,” In Proc. of The 4th International Symposium for DDT Project. International Rescue System, Jan. 2006.
-  OMG IDL, Details.
-  Open GIS Consotium, Inc., “Web Feature Service Implementation Specification (OGC 02-058),” ver. 1.0.0 edition, May. 2002.
-  Open GIS Consotium, “Inc. OpenGIS Geography Markup Language (GML) Implementation Specification (OGC-02-023r4),” ver. 3.00 edition, Jan. 2003.
-  W3C, “Xml schema part 2: Datatypes second edition,” chapter3. built-in datatypes.
-  Resource description framework (RDF) /W3C semantic web activity.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.