Pre-Disaster Restoration Measure of Preparedness for Post-Disaster Restoration in Tokyo
Itsuki Nakabayashi, Shin Aiba, and Taro Ichiko
Department of Urban System Science, Graduate School of Urban Environmental Sciences, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 1-1 Miunami-Osawa, Hachioji City, Tokyo 192-0397, Japan
Learning from the 1995 Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake, Tokyo Metropolitan Government has been preparing the restoration and reconstruction measures from a huge amount of damages caused by next Tokyo Earthquake. We are developing the methodology of earthquake restoration exercise with local government and residents according to TMG’s restoration measures. In this paper, such unique trials of pre-disaster restoration measures in Tokyo are introduced and evaluated.
-  S. Aiba, T. Ihciko, and I. Nakabayashi, “Pre-disaster Measures for Post-disaster Recovery Planning from the Next Tokyo Earthquake: Through Earthquake Disaster Recovery Measures and its Drills with Communities,” Journal of Geography, Vol.116(3/4), pp. 557-575, 2007.
-  H. Hyashi, “Long-term Recovery processes and Their Planning from Devastating Earthquake Disasters.” Journal of geography, Vol.110, No.6, pp. 991-998, 2001.
-  Y. Kawata, “Characteristics of Catastrophic Disasters and the Philosophy of their Reduction,” Journal of geography, Vol.110, No.6, pp. 924-930, 2001.
-  I. Nakabayashi, “Scenario of the Next Earthquake Disaster and the Development of Countermeasures for Tokyo Metropolitan Government: From the Damage Estimation of Inland Earthquake Occurring beneath Central Tokyo,” Journal of geography, Vol.110, No.6, pp. 938-949, 2001.
-  I. Nakabayashi, “Evolution of Urban Risk from Natural Disaster; In case of Earthquake Disaster (Toshi saigai kiken wo hyoka suru),” METHODOLOGY OF URBAN SCIENCE (Toshi no kagaku); Revised version. ed. by Center for Urban Science, Tokyo Metropolitan University Press, pp. 125-147, Tokyo, 2005.
-  I. Nakabayashi, “Development of Urban Disaster Prevention Systems in Japan – from the Mid-1998s,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.1. No.1, pp. 46-71. 2006.
-  B. Wisner, P. Blaikie, T. Cannon, and I. Davis, “At Risk; Natural Hazards; People’s Vulnerability and Disasters,” Routledge, 1994.
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “Ground Design for Post-earthquake Reconstruction (Shinsai hukko gurando dezain),” 2001.
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “Earthquake Restoration Manual of Process version (Shinsai hukkou manuaru: purosesu hen)” and “Earthquake Restoration Manual for Officers (Shinsai hukko manuaru: sesaku hen),”
http://www.bousai.metro.tokyo.jp/janese/knowledge/material_h.html (cited 2006, 10 Des.)
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “Promotional Plan for Earthquake-resistant City Development (Bousai Tohsi-zukuri suisin keikaku),”
http://www.bousai.metro.tokyo.jp/INET/KEIKAKU/2004/03-70e3i102.htm (cited 2006, 10 Des.)
-  Y. Hayashi, “Basic Concept; Ask the basic concept of comprehensive community revitalization by themselves of residents,” JICP committee of earthquake prevention and restoration ed. CITY PLANNING OF SAFETY AND RESTORATION, pp. 242-248, Gakugei-syuppan-sya, Kyoto, Japan.