Demagnetization Fault Diagnosis of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor with Inductance Disturbance
Fan Xiao*, Jing He*, and Miaoying Zhang**,
*College of Electrical and Information Engineering, Hunan University of Technology
No. 88 Taishan Road, Tianyuan District, Zhuzhou, Hunan 412007, China
**College of Railway Transportation Locomotive and Vehicle, Hunan Railway Professional Technology College
No.89 Tiandong Road, Shifeng District, Zhuzhou, Hunan 412001, China
To address the problem of demagnetization fault diagnosis of permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) under inductance change, a demagnetization fault detection method based on an adaptive observer is proposed. First, the mathematical model of the demagnetization fault of PMSM in a synchronous rotating coordinate system is established, and the inductance disturbance is analyzed separately. Then, considering the different characteristics of the flux linkage fault and inductance disturbance, a new adaptive observer is proposed. Two adaptive laws are designed to ensure the accuracy of fault diagnosis and to eliminate the influence of inductance disturbance, thus achieving the robust diagnosis of demagnetization fault.
-  F. Duan et al., “Optimal Sliding Mode Control for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor,” Electric Machines and Control Application, Vol.2019, No.2, pp. 6-9, 2019 (in Chinese).
-  G. Vinson et al., “Permanent magnets synchronous machines faults detection and identification,” 38th Annual Conf. on IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2012), 2012.
-  J. He et al., “Fault-Tolerant Control of a Nonlinear System Actuator Fault Based on Sliding Mode Control,” J. of Control Science and Engineering, Vol.2017, Article ID: 8595960, 2017.
-  J. He et al., “Demagnetization fault detection in permanent magnet synchronous motors based on sliding observer,” J. of Nonlinear Science Application, Vol.9, No.5, pp. 2039-2048, 2016.
-  Y. Shu and Z. Kong, “Adaptive Sliding Mode Variable Structure Control for a New Hyper Chaos System,” J. of Chongqing University of Technology (Natural Science), Vol.2011, No.11, pp. 109-112, 2010 (in Chinese).
-  R. Kandiban and R. Arulmozhiyal, “Design of Adaptive Fuzzy PID Controller for Speed control of BLDC Motor,” Int. J. of Soft Computing and Engineering, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 386-391, 2012.
-  L. Yuan et al., “A novel current vector decomposition controller design for six-phase permanent magnet synchronous motor,” J. of Central South University, Vol.23, pp. 841-849, 2016.
-  Y. Cho et al., “Torque ripple reduction and fast torque response strategy of direct torque control for permanent-magnet synchronous motor,” 2013 IEEE Int. Symp. on Industrial Electronics, doi: 10.1109/ISIE.2013.6563639, 2013.
-  C. Zhang et al., “A cascade observer to detect demagnetization faults for PMSM,” Electric Machines and Control, Vol.2017, No.2, pp. 45-54, 2017 (in Chinese).
-  C. Zhang et al., “Consensus Tracking for Multi-Motor System via Observer Based Variable Structure Approach,” J. of the Franklin Institute, Vol.352, No.8, pp. 3366-3377, 2015.
-  S.-K. Kim, “Robust adaptive speed regulator with self-tuning law for surfaced-mounted permanent magnet synchronous motor,” Control Engineering Practice, Vol.61, pp. 55-71, 2017.
-  A. Nguyen et al., “A Model Reference Adaptive Control Based Speed Controller for a Surface-Mounted Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drive,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.65, No.12, pp. 9399-9409, 2018.
-  J. Liu, H. Li, and Y. Deng, “Current adaptive sliding mode control based on disturbance observer for permanent magnet synchronous motor,” Optics and Precision Engineering, Vol.2017, No.5, pp. 1229-1241, 2017 (in Chinese).
-  J. Jung et al., “Adaptive PID Speed Control Design for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drives,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol.30, No.2, pp. 900-908, doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2014.2311462, 2015.
-  C. Zhang et al., “Robust Fault-Tolerant Predictive Current Control for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors Considering Demagnetization Fault,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.65, No.7, pp. 5324-5334, 2017.
-  C. Zhang et al., “Demagnetization Faults Robust Detection Method Based on an Adaptive Sliding Mode Observer for PMSM,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Inform., Vol.20, No.7, pp. 1127-1134, doi: 10.20965/jaciii.2016.p1127, 2016.
-  Y. Liu and Z. Chen, “Modern control theory,” Peking University Press, 2006 (in Chinese).
-  Z. Zhang, “Sensorless vector control of PMSM with an adaptive sliding mode observer,” M.A. Thesis, Harbin University of Science and Technology, 2020.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.